Special Chapter 5

Conversation between Ben and Bucky in the Motor Inn

After the group goes to St John, Carley, Doug(twdg), Debbie, Bucky, and Ben stay in the Motor Inn to guard. As Carley, Doug(twdg) and Debbie are doing their things, Bucky walks towards Ben, who is sitting on the couch, looking really sad.

Bucky: Hey Ben.

Ben: Hey Bucky.

Bucky: What's wrong, Ben? Is something bothering you?

Ben: Nothing.

Bucky: That didn't sound like nothing. Look, I know that looks It's the look of feeling worthless. I couldn't help but notice that you seem quite sad about something. Would you like to talk about it?

Ben then sighed in defeat and decided to talk.

Ben: I'm just scared. I'm scared I'll screw up this group again and cause something bad to happen. I'm such a huge wuss. My classmate, my teacher, and my best friend, Travis, died because of me.

Ben said as he looked down as Bucky sat on the couch, comforting Ben.

Bucky: I'm sorry to hear that. Hey, I was being a pretty wuss too. You're not the only one.

Ben: But you don't seem to be the sad type.

Bucky: Well, it's because I cheer myself up with a song.

Ben: A song?

Bucky: I have a few of the songs, and most of them are ones that I wrote. And one of my favorite songs is "Everybody Ninj-Along".

Ben: Everybody Ninj-Along? Like "Everybody Ninja Along"?

Ben said in confusion:

Bucky: Yup, what do you hear?

Ben: Since we don't have something to do, the hell with it, okay?

Bucky then stands up and gets his triangle and a dinger to start to sing a song.

Bucky: *Singing Everybody Ninj-Along*

C'mon, Ninja fans! It's time for a song!

You know all the words, so Ninj-along!

He's so bruce; he does no wrong!

C'mon, everybody! Ninj-along!

Ninj, Ninj, Ninj-along!

Time to make that dinger go dong!

Ninj, Ninj, Ninj, Ninj-along!

It's not a zing, it's just a song!

Bucky ends the song and looks at Ben.

Bucky: So, what do you think? Do you like it?

Bucky said as he sat on the couch again. Ben then said he was still a bit confused.

Ben: That's fine, I guess; it's just that I don't get it.

Bucky: Well, I'm just glad you're honest about this. Unlike the ninja, he just lied about it until the end.

Ben: The Ninja?

Bucky: Oh, right. You didn't live there.

Ben: There? What there?

Bucky: Norrisville. My hometown. I'll explain it to you. Ninja is an 800-year-old hero in Norrisville. He protected everyone in Norrisville from monsters and robots that attacked my hometown.

Ben: I don't know what to say about this, but I heard those rumors from my classmate, Ted, who moved out of Norrissville to my hometown before. He told me and my other classmate about it, but I thought it was just a weird rumor that came from an action movie.

Bucky: Well, these rumors are true after all, Ben. Ninjas exist, as do monsters and robots. But monsters are completely extinct since the sorcerer was defeated by the ninja.

Ben: Sorcerer? Monsters?

Bucky: Yeah, the sorcerer is a weird-looking creature that uses his dark magic to turn everyone into monsters, including me.

Ben was shocked by the fact that monsters came from people possessed by dark magic.

Ben: Man, I couldn't imagine what it's like to be a monster.

Bucky: Well, it's bad, to be honest.

Ben: Oh Jeez...

Bucky: Hey, let's not talk about it and talk about something else.

Ben: Yeah...

Bucky: Hey, I was thinking, I would have wanted to be a musician. Yeah, imagine standing on the stage and playing the instrument in front of the crowd. That would be awesome.

Ben: Really, I would want to be a musician too.

Bucky: Wow, we do have the same dream. If the world turns back to normal, we will start to have a band together.

Ben: If only that's possible.

Bucky: But since you mentioned to me that you're a marching band player, what kind of instrument do you play?

Ben: I played the trombone.

Bucky: Oh, interesting... And do you ever play the sad trombone of all time?

Ben looked at Bucky awkwardly because of the question.

Ben: No. What makes you say that?

Bucky: Well, because I had a classmate and marching band member named Stevens. He doesn't talk much, only occasionally making noises. Stevens likes to bring his trombone wherever he goes so that whenever something unfortunate happens to someone he runs into, he plays the "Sad Trombone" melody. And he's also a bit of a tomcat, flirting with every girl in school.

Ben: Man, he sounded like a douchebag to me.

Bucky: Not as bad as Bash.

Ben: Bash?

Bucky: Bashford "Bash" Johnson. The school bully in my school He's always given me a wedgie every chance he gets.

Ben: Of course, every school has bullies like him. And the teachers did nothing, right?

Bucky: Maybe, they only gave him a detention slip. And sometimes he manages to get away with it because his stepdad is a gazillionaire businessman who donates money to our school.

Ben: Well, I guess they choose money over students' sanity.

Bucky: Yeah.

Bucky then looks at Ben again.

Bucky: You know, I really enjoy to know you better.

Ben: Yeah, me too.

Bucky: You know what, let's be friends. I've always wanted to have a new friend.

Ben smiles and agrees.

Ben: Yeah.

Then Debbie called Bucky for help.

Debbie: Hey, Bucky! I need your help with this!

Bucky: I'm on my way.

Bucky gets up from the couch and looks at Ben.

Bucky: I'll talk to you later.

Ben: Okay.