✧ Bonus ✧ : Want You Around

Gloria's P.O.V

It was the night that winter break had officially started and I was stuck in the same car as Miguel, listening to him rant about not wanting to go to the party that Julio invited us to at Joshua's house.

"We could've found something better to do with our lives instead of pretending that we actually like those people," Miguel groaned, leaning his head on the window of the passenger side.

"Those people include Julio," I said, turning into the driveway behind Julio's parked truck. "And he wants us here."

"We don't have to stay the whole time do we?" Miguel asked.

"You're being dramatic, Miguel," I chuckled while I opened my door.

"No soy (Am not)," he argued, opening his door while he got out then he closed the door and I locked my car.

I didn't want to be here just as much as Miguel but at this point, I didn't have a choice anymore. It was either spend a couple of hours here or spend my whole break listening to Miguel rant. I chose this party over anything else. I knocked on the door and then we were waiting together on the front porch.

"It's not too late to turn back," Miguel said, nudging my arm.

"I already knocked on the door," I said with an eye roll.

"Ding dong ditch is a thing you know."

"Will you stop acting like a kid," I said harshly and before Miguel could say anything back the door opened and we were welcomed by Julio.

"I'm glad you guys actually showed up," Julio said.

"We barely made it here," I said, stepping into the house first and Miguel soon after.

"Sólo sé que si me miras tendrás que buscar otro aventón, Gloria. (Just know that if I get the look you're going to have to find another ride, Gloria)," Miguel said when Julio closed the door.

"Eso no sucederá. (That won't happen)," Julio said with a slight eye roll.

"Que podría (It might)," I said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Everyone hates him." Miguel pointed at me, giving off that he agreed.

"Julio, what's the hold-up?" Josh shouted from the kitchen.

We followed him to the kitchen where we were met by the rest of the group and Julio made his way to stand with Ethan. I was expecting the regular group; Andi, Maxx, Logann, Joshua, and Ethan but not Avery and some blonde girl that I didn't know was also here.

"I didn't expect you to actually show up," Josh said, causing me to look in his direction.

I caught a little bit of an attitude but didn't address it because that's starting problems that I don't want to be in the middle of. "Well, we did," I said, while shoving my hands in the pockets of my coat and couldn't stop my eyes from falling on Avery.

"I'm glad you're here," Logann said, stopping the silence from building up.

I watched her push off the counter and then make her way to a separate counter where the liquor and the cups were.

"Me too," Ethan said with a shrug. "You two are Julio's friends and it wouldn't be right to leave you out of the group."

"Exactly," Logann said, then came back to the circle to hand me a cup and then a separate one to Miguel. When she was back at her spot she grabbed her own cup and then held it out with a firm grin on her face. "To new beginnings."

Something we could all agree on was that what she was something she should never say again. I couldn't help but smile when she rolled her eyes and called us assholes before we all threw back the liquor, officially getting in party mode.

After a few hours, the small party we planned on throwing just within the group suddenly grew when Logann made a call to a few of her friends and then her friends made a call to their friends and soon enough the whole downstairs was so full to the point where no one could see the ground.

But while everyone was busy downstairs I found myself sitting on the bed looking at Avery as she stood in front of me. What started off as a plan to sort ourselves in this position.

"What we did was fun, Avery," I said. "And I should've known that it was strictly sex."

"But I don't want that anymore, Gloria," Avery said, taking a step closer. "Look what you saw that night at that party, was nothing. Claire is just my best friend."

"You have sex with all your best friends?" I questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"We didn't have sex," Avery said. "We were just talking."

"You talk to all your friends nearly naked?"

"Jesus Christ Gloria Im being serious," Avery sighed.

"Yeah and so am I," I snapped, standing up from the bed. "Just tell me the truth instead of fucking shitty ass lies."

"Claire and I kissed," Avery admitted.

"Now was that so hard," I said in a calm tone, doing my best to hide my irritation as I walked past Avery but was stopped when she grabbed my wrist.

"But it was one time," Avery said, stepping in front of me. "One time during a game of Spin the Bottle. So it meant nothing. Claire's just my best friend. That's it."

I looked down at the brown-headed female who was two inches shorter than me. She brought her hand up to hold my face in her hand which was a feeling I was always weak for and that's when I could feel myself getting lost in her eyes.

"I hate how you make me feel," I said in a low tone.

"I'm sorry," Avery apologized.

I didn't say anything to accept the apology, instead I pressed my lips to hers allowing her hand to get a gentle grip on the back of my head. I didn't waste any time when Avery opened her mouth so I could slip my tongue inside. I was probably going to hate myself after but at that moment I didn't care.

❖❖❖