Chapter 14: Welcome To Swanson

Julio's P.O.V.

It was finally the day. After what felt like forever, I was finally going to be able to see my real friends. The ones that would make me want to wake up every day. I made my way to the courtyard and when I saw their cars parked in the parking lot, I rushed over to them. Once they got out of their cars, they ran towards me and together we all hugged as a group then in duos.

"Jealousy is not a good look on you, E," Joshua spoke, snapping Ethan from his thoughts.

"What the hell are you talking about Josh," he asked, looking at him.

"I have eyes, dipshit," Joshua said. "And so does everyone else in the group. Face it; Julio has gone back to what he knows is best for him. Time for you to do the same."

Joshua walked away from him, leaving him alone and I couldn't help but look over and see him staring at us. He put his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants then he made his way back to the building.

"Welcome to Swanson," I said, looking at Gloria and Miguel with a smile on my face.

"And this is the group," I finished when Gloria, Miguel and I got to the bench that Joshua, Logann, Andi, Avery, and Jasmine were at.

"You two must be Gloria and Miguel," Andi started, standing up from the ground where she sat in front of Avery.

"Yeah," Gloria said with a smile then was embraced in a hug by Andi.

"Julio talked a lot about you two," Joshua said.

"So much I started to think that you two were celebrities," Logann joked which we all chuckled to.

Andi went back to sit on the lawn again and while Miguel sprung up a conversation Gloria leaned over to whisper in my ear.

"So, which one of these girls belongs to you?"

I turned to face her and saw a big grin on her face. "None of them actually," I replied.

"So, you didn't secure the girl?"

"I did, she's just not here."

"Well, where is she?"

I opened my mouth to inform Gloria but was cut off and drawn back to the group when Avery spoke. "There's a kickback at Stevens parents place tonight," she said with a grin which soon spread to the other girls faces.

"Kickback?" Miguel asked. "Isn't that for like solo amigos cercanos (close friends only)."

"Huh?" Avery asked with a confused face.

"Close friends only," Gloria translated.

"Not necessarily," Jasmine said. "When it comes to Steven it's a friend of a friend type of thing."

"Hence," Logann spoke, looking up from her phone. "You guys are invited."

"Cool," Miguel exclaimed. "Our first college party."

"More like our," Gloria said, pointing at herself then Miguel. "First college party."

"That's what I said," Miguel said.

"Whatever," Gloria chuckled then immediately Miguel sprung up another conversation wanting to get to know everyone.

"And to answer your question," I spoke in a whisper, getting Gloria's attention. "The special girl will be at this kickback."

Gloria grinned then folded her arms in front of her chest. "I can't wait to meet her."

When I got back to me and Ethan's dorm I sat on my bed, watching Miguel fix up his hair in the mirror in my bathroom.