Chapter 10: What's Your Deal?

Julio's P.O.V.

I sat in the back of my math lecture class with both my earbuds in while I wrote down my notes. But the sight of what happened between me and Ethan in our dorm room kept playing in my mind. It was when we first met each other on my first day. His body; tanned, well fit, and dripped with shower water. His hair; darker because it was drenched with water. And the towel that was wrapped around his waist. I couldn't get any of it out of my head.

But I looked up from my notebook and realized that my professor was locking his focus on grading papers. I was the only student in the room because I decided to stay after lecture hours. I looked down at my notes again then took my earbuds out with a sigh of relief because I had finally finished. I stood up, gathering my things but stopped when I heard the professor say my name.

"Yes professor Lackey?" I asked, almost feeling nervous.

"Are you finished?" He asked.

I nodded but then realized that he never looked up from his papers. "Yes I am," I spoke so he knew.

"Okay." Now he looked up at me. "And do you understand the material?"

"Yes sir," I replied, then grabbed my bag and made my way to the front of the room. "Have a great day professor."

"You too, Santos."

Once I got out into the hallway I noticed Joshua and Logann both talking by the other math lecture room across from mine and soon enough they noticed me and quickly made their way to me.

"Julio," Joshua called out.

"¿Qué está pasando, Josh?" I asked and couldn't help but laugh when he made a confused face.

"What did you just say to me?" He asked, sounding offended like I said something rude.

"I asked you what's going on," I informed him.

"Oh. Well not much-"

"We want to know what's going on with you and Maxx," Logann spoke out of the blue and the sound of hearing Maxx's name made me nervous.

"What-"

"We're not dumb Lio," Logann went on. "We all know that you like her."

"Yeah," Joshua spoke. "She is a pretty girl."

I looked at him with a glare and he threw his hands up. "Just saying."

"So do you?" Logann asked again.

"I don't know," I replied with a shrug.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Joshua asked. "We saw you two almost kissed at the party."

"Emphasis on the almost," Logann added. "Even though there shouldn't be an almost because that kiss should've happened."

"Look," I spoke up, stepping in front of the two. "How I feel about Maxx is my business."

"Uh wrong," Logann spoke in defense.

"Wrong?" Joshua and I asked at the same time.

"Yes, wrong," she replied while hitting Joshua's arm. "She's my best friend and if you hurt her then I'll hurt you. So it is my business about how you feel about her."

"Well I told Andi it's nothing right now."

"Well if there's ever going to be something you need to let her know," Logann spoke and I could tell she really cared about her friend. "She really does like you, Julio. Like a lot a lot."

"Yeah," Joshua spoke now. "And it's weird."

"You're just jealous because she finds a year one more attractive than you," Logann spoke, looking at Joshua.