Chapter 20: Another Round

Julio's P.O.V.

Gloria, Miguel, and I all arrived at the house that the party was being held at. When I pulled up to the end of the driveway I knew that it was the same house that I went to for the first party.

"This is the place?" Miguel exclaimed, looking out the front windshield from the backseat.

"Yeah," I replied, turning off my truck and taking off my seatbelt.

"This is a literal castle," Gloria said and that made me chuckle.

"That's what I said."

I unlocked the doors so we could all get out and once we did I locked them back while we all walked up the staircase. Just like last time there were college students that were smoking outside and some that were drinking and laughing obnoxiously loud. The door was already open so we just walked right in, fitting in with the crowd.

I stopped in my tracks so I could look back at Gloria and Miguel. "Stay close so I dont lose you guys," I said then watched them look at each other and I grinned, turning around to continue.

It was a struggle to get through the crowd but once we finally did I was able to get us to the kitchen where the group was usually hanging out. And I was right. I saw Andi, Logann, Maxx and Avery all sitting on the island counter with red solo cups in their hands. Joshua and Jasmine, who we all knew was his girlfriend now, were both playing that couple role; laughing, smiling, staring into each other's eyes, both wanting to get a room already. Then there were a couple other college students that were hanging out as well.

"Finally," Andi spoke, jumping off the counter when me and my friends got to them. "I thought you guys weren't going to show up."

"Who ever comes on time to anything in college," Miguel asked, leaning against the counter that was across from the island.

Somehow he already had a cup in his hand and I was too lazy to ask him when and where he got it from.

"Well we're glad you guys are here now," Andi said.

Gloria had managed to make her way to stand in between Avery's legs and the two of them were taking turns taking a sip from the cup that Avery had. There was an obvious feeling of awkwardness that was starting to build up in the area between Maxx and I. Our eyes met but she quickly averted her attention to the liquid that was inside her cup and I noticed a grin that was forming on her lips. I could still get her to smile.

"Finally!" Joshua shouted, causing all of us to look at him as he and Jasmine made their way to us. "Took you guys long enough to get here."

"Well who-"

"We should play a game," Avery said, cutting Miguel off.

"Okay," Jasmine said. "What game?"

"The obvious," Andi said then looked at Avery and the two of them both smiled.

"Spin the bottle," they said together.

"I'm down," Logann shrugged.

"No I'm out," Joshua said just like the last time he tried to get out of the game.

"Do we have to go over the rules every time, Josh," Andi said with an eye roll.

"I know the rules, Andi," Joshua said her name in a duh tone. "I just don't want to watch my girl kiss another guy."

"It's just a kiss, babe," Jasmine said, placing her hand on Josh's chest. "It won't mean anything."

"I know but-"

"Ugh okay barf," Logann groaned, hopping off the counter. "Are we playing or not?"

"Yeah I'm in," Gloria said, stepping away from Avery so she could hop off the counter too.