Chapter 5: Spin The Bottle

Julio's P.O.V.

I crossed my arms in front of my chest and looked away with so many things running through my head. Mainly the fact that Joshua was friends with Ethan. Of all people, it had to be him. My roommate. I already see him enough and now you're saying I have to see him more outside of my dorm around this group that I thought would take my mind off of him.

"Ethan this is-"

"Julio," Ethan's voice spoke with a question.

"Yeah," Joshua said with a smile. "How did you-"

"He's my roommate," Ethan informed him.

"Well aren't you lucky," Andi spoke by my side.

"If by lucky you mean always playing music at max volume to distract me from studying then yes. Hella lucky," I replied with a roll of my eyes.

Ethan and I stared at each other, not breaking eye contact. Now all I was thinking was why is he at this party? He clearly said that he wasn't going to come. Okay well, he said that he was going to think about it, but I wish he thought about it and figured he wasn't going to come.

"Let's play a game," Andi yelled out, getting the group around us to pay attention.

"Truth or dare?" One of the females asked.

"Spin the bottle," Andi said with a smirk.

"No," Joshua said quickly while shaking his head. "No. I'll pass."

"Why?" Logann asked. "You and Tasha broke up and I doubt she's even here. No harm. No foul."

I watched as Joshua shook his head more furiously. "No," he said, not wanting to change his mind.

"There's always the option to drink, you know Josh," Andi said, picking up an empty champagne bottle.

"Come on dude," Ethan spoke up. "Stop being a pussy and just play along. You too year one." Ethan looked at me with a smirk.

I opened my mouth to speak but Joshua's arm wrapping around my neck caused me to lose what I was going to say.

"If I have to do it, so do you," he said in my ear.

I looked around at all the staring faces then finally gave in. Joshua pulled me along with him to the opposite side of the island in the kitchen while the others scattered around as well. The female with black hair cut to a bob placed a full bottle of vodka in the center of the counter with at least ten shot glasses around the bottle.

"Spin the bottle," she spoke. "Kiss or drink whoever it lands on. I'll start."

She spun the bottle, and we all watched it spin and it slowed and landed on the female that wanted to play truth or dare.

"Ahh Claire," the group exclaimed towards the girl that it landed on.

"Kiss or drink, Avery," Logann spoke.

I looked at Avery, the girl who spun the bottle, and watched as she made her way around the island. The group all hyped them up while watching the two females prepare to kiss. Avery cupped Claire's cheeks, leaning her head closer to her ear, and whispered to her. She backed away then pressed her lips against the innocent blonde's lips causing the group to get overly excited as if they hadn't seen two females kiss before.

Avery made her way back over to her spot and Logann spun the bottle next. It landed on some girl named Jasmine, but Logann chose to drink. It went around and most of the people drank over kissing. Then it got to me, and I spun the bottle, and we all watched it come to a slow stop, and when it finally did everyone let out an ooh. I looked up at Ethan locking eyes with him thinking long and hard about what to do.