Page 35

Janet

"Good morning beautiful" Christopher's voice was the first this thing I heard that morning.

I looked him in his eyes as he leaned on top of me in bed. "Good morning" I said before yawning.

"So how was yesterday" he asked while getting the coal from my eye with his hand.

"It was an emotional roller coaster" I chuckled with my eyes closed. He finally finished removing his hand from my eyes. I opened them to his handsome face.

He began to tilt his head with a concerned look on his face. "Why what happened?"

"Well I almost called Stevanna my daughter when introducing her to people" I chuckled. "And remember that gold club scene I told you about?"

He nodded his head scrunching his eyebrows. "Well I took out my anger and hit Tyler on accident"

His eyes widened as his eyebrows softened. "Yeah and I cried the whole day thinking about Michael in front of Stevanna"

"Oh my god, how was Stevanna?"

"She told me she had a good time. She was proud of me in my scenes and she really enjoyed herself"

"That's all that matter right?"

I could tell he was trying to cheer me up with the slight grin on his face. There was still a feeling in my gut that I ruined Stevanna's day yesterday.

"Hey, don't beat yourself up about it. Me and Story will cheer you up. My mother was teaching her, her abc's"

My jaw dropped into a smile. "Awe baby that's good news." Story will always cheer me up.

After a few more months of my time and hard work. Why did I get married too was finally out. I took Rebbie to the screening of the movie.

She was laughing the whole movie but stopped at my crying scene

She was laughing the whole movie but stopped at my crying scene. She looked at me to her left in the middle of the screening. It was like she could sense what I was really crying for. Rebbie grabbed my hand right there before bringing her eyes back to the screen.

I held her hand tightening my grip on it. Tyler and I went on to promote the movie on interviews. I was in New York while Christopher was home with Story.

Everything happened so fast in the blink of an eye I was attending the ebony excellence awards. Christopher was on my arm as we walked down the red carpet. He was so fine in his black tux by my side.

"JANET"the bright lights from the camera blinded me. "MS.JACKSON" the men called my name as I posed besides Christopher. "JANET LOOK OVER HERE"

The ebony awards is a annual celebration of black excellence. I was enjoying myself the whole night. I kept finding myself laughing as they kept me entertained. There were some familiar faces of old friends I worked with in the industry. Even Halles face showed up.