Part 6

Christopher

"Stevanna's not" she said taking another deep breath. "Randy's daughter, she's mine" she said sobbing.

I couldn't look at her so I looked out of the windshield at the trees as I felt my body steam. "Who's the father" I asked.

"James" she spat out.

I hate her weak ex James Debarge. He's weak and I can't stand him. I could feel fire running through my veins I was so frustrated.

"Randy adopted Stevanna and raised her as his own" she whined through her sobs. "I got pregnant when I was with James. My father forced us to give her up and pretend she wasn't ours"

Her face was completely wet dripping tears. "Christopher I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner"

"No it's too late J. We're gonna move past this because from now on. We are telling each other everything. And I mean everything no more secrets"

"Ok, I'm sorry" she said wiping her face with both hands.

"We'll talk more when we get home" I said starting the car.

Janet must've cried herself to sleep because she was knocked out with her head back and mouth open. Once we got home I carried Janet into the house and upstairs to the bed.

I laid her down gently and sat on the edge of the bed thinking to myself. I sat there processing what she had just told me. But I still had questions and there was still more to be discussed.

I felt like I was married to a stranger as I sat there staring at the wedding band on my hand. She lied to me and kept this huge secret.

Everyone but me knew what Stevanna was talking about when she ran down those steps. Now I feel like a idiot not knowing what was going on. I feel like a outsider.

After about fifteen minutes I could finally feel the bed moving from behind me. I looked over my left shoulder to see Janet sitting up. She stared right at me.

"We need to talk" I said facing her halfway.

"Ok I don't wanna hide anything from you. I'm ready to talk" she said clearly.

"So how long has Stevanna known she was your daughter?"

"She was suspicious about it around middle school. She would see things online about me and James having a secret child. And she would ask both me and Randy questions" she took a pause.

"But once she was seventeen in high school. She somehow got James's number and started to text him behind our backs. She would sneak out and hangout with the Debarge's. And she found out through them. But we didn't know that she knew till her graduation party when she told me" she finished.

"Wow, so she hates you?"

She looked down before looking back up at me.
"I think so, she has no hate towards James I'll tell you that. She still talks to him to this day" she answered.

"She defiantly hates her grandfather. When she found out she stopped talking to him" Janet finished.

"Do you hate yourself for what happened" I asked her.

"I do... and she looks just like me" she whined as three tears fell down.

"Come here" I said as I crawled to her. She laid her head into my chest as I held her.

"Every time I look at her I see myself. And then I hate myself even more" she cried.

"I know how your father can be. It's not your fault, you can't control what happened back then. But clearly that girl is hurt. So maybe you can take control now and better your relationship" I said.