Page 28

Janet

"Hey Ken" I answered breathing heavy.

"Oh... did I call at the wrong time?"

"No Ken" I chuckled. "What's up?"

"So the date for the VMAs tribute is September thirteen"

"Ok so I have forever to work on it"

"Yeah that doesn't mean take forever. You better start planning"

"I will Ken thank you, bye" I said hanging up.

I looked up at Christopher to see him staring down at me. "Good news?"

"Yeah I'm bouta start planing for the VMAs" I said before leaning back into a slouch.

"Uh uh get up baby you need one more set" he said stern.

Christopher and I were at the gym working on our bodies. I have a physical trainer but today Christopher wanted to come along instead. I think it's because he's jealous of my trainer but he doesn't want to admit it. It's kinda cute.

After our gym session that day I had to tell my choreographer and creative director about the VMAs. So I invited them out to Benihana's.

"So boss what's going on with the VMAs" Gil asked leaning on the table sitting across from me.

"So Ken called me today at the gym and we have till September thirteen, that's the date of the award show"

Tina nodded her head before speaking. "So what do you want to do for the tribute? What Michael song are we doing?"

"I was thinking about Scream" I said.

Tina tilted her head. "You never performed that one yet haven't you?"

"Nope, this will be my first time"

"I think it's a good start" Christopher said sitting next to me.

"Dancers" Gil asked raising one eyebrow.

"I was thinking we bring back some of the old kids that worked with me throughout the years" I answered.

"No newbies" Tina said.

"Right" I said.

"What made you wanna make that decision" Gil asked.

"This is a very special performance to me. It's not just any ordinary performance. I want familiar faces around me that I can trust. Plus some of my dancers danced for Michael so it'd be nice for them to be apart of this"

"I think it's a good idea J" Christopher said.

"So who are we inviting? The kids from the Janet tour? Velvet rope?" Tina asked.

"I don't know I have to call people up? Not everyone is still in shape you know" I said making Gil spit his drink.

Tina laughed as I giggled. "I'm sorry but Janet's right. I just ran into Tyce recently" he widened his eyes dramatically. "Girl we can just check him off the list"