Page 34

Janet

Monday morning I brought Stevanna with me to work on the set of the movie. She was excited to be on the set of a Tyler Perry film. I had to leave the house extra early so I could pick her up first.

"Hey thanks for bringing me with you today" she said closing the car door behind her.

"Hey you really don't have to thank me. I really want to spend this day with you" I said watching her buckle her seatbelt.

"You know I've been on Hollywood sets before but this is Tyler Perry" she chuckled.

Hearing her little laugh put a smile on my face. I began driving putting us on the highway. "Yeah you know he has his own studio now. I'm so proud of him"

"I can't wait to see how it looks"

I had to look away from the road just to peek at her face. She looked so happy to be with me that day. I never wanted to make that face cry again.

"So how are you and Bryan?"

"We're good. How's Story? I have to pay her a visit it's been awhile since I seen her"

"She's so smart Stevanna. Everyday she's learning a new word"

"Aww I have to see her"

"Your so good with Story. Can you see yourself having a baby with Bryan?"

She began to giggle. "No"

"Never?"

"Not never but not now. I'm so young and there's so much that I have planned for my life. Career first and everything else second"

Hearing her say that reminded me of how I put my career first before her. I cleared my throat turning on the radio. Once we were at Tyler's Studios I gave her a tour of what I knew.

"This is my trailer" I said leading her inside.

This was my first time seeing the inside of my trailer. It was personally designed for me. Tyler wanted to make me feel as comfortable as possible on set.

She looked around in awe. "Wow, this is nice Janet"

"It is, this is my first time seeing it believe it or not." It reminded me of a five star hotel.

Looking inside you wouldn't believe the outside was a trailer. The wooden floors looked newly installed, the room had a jasmine smell with scented candles.

Stevanna flopped right onto the couch with a big smile on her face. "So when do you start filming?"

"In thirty minutes but—" there was knock at the door followed by Tyler's voice. "It's Tyler"

I looked at Stevanna to see her eyes widen with a grin on her face. Her excitement was too cute I had to laugh. "I'm coming" I said before opening the door.

"Hey it's my early bird" he said hugging me. "Hey Tyler" I said hugging him back.

"Are you ready? We're doing that gold club scene I told you about back in the Bahamas"