Page 11

Christopher

"Christopher, can you get in the picture too" she asked.

It was May sixteen, Janet's birthday and I brought her to one of her favorite places in the world. She couldn't go on any of the Disney park rides because of her baby bump.

Without the rides we still had a good time. We had the whole park closed just for her. No stalkers, fans nor paparazzi. It was just the Disney staff and our friends.

I invited Gil, Tina and Al. Janet was taking a picture with Mickey when she asked me to take a picture too. The doctor told us Janet could be expecting any day now. So I can't even enjoy the day without being on my toes.

After a long day in the Magic kingdom park we all sat down to eat at one of the Disney restaurants.

"Calm down, the foods not going anywhere" Gil said as I swallowed my food without chewing.

"I don't have time to chew. All I can think about is the baby. What if she was to go into labor right now"

"Well no one told you to bring her to Disney" he said in a sarcastic tone.

Gil and I talked about Janet like we weren't all at the same table. Janet and Tina were having a deep conversation about something she couldn't even hear us.

"I just want her to enjoy her day" I said looking at her. She was all engaged in her conversation smiling and laughing.

"Your bouta be a father in a few hours" Al said reminding me again.

I leaned back in the chair like a big kid thinking about the amount of responsibility I was about to have once this baby's born. "Yes I am. And your gonna watch the baby a few times. That's what cousins are for right?"

"I can watch her but change her diapers... that's a different story" he said making Gil chuckle.

I immediately turned my attention to Gil. "And what you laughing for? Your gonna watch her too" I stated.

"Wait did you guys even name her yet" Gil asked.

"We're torn between two names" I said looking at Janet catching her attention.

"Huh" she asked looking at Gil.

"Janet wants to name her Story. And I want to name her—"

She cut me off giving a smug smile. "Shyla"

"Ohhh I like Shyla" Gil said agreeing with me.

I smiled at Gil happy to hear he was on my side. "Thank you Gil"

"And what the hell is wrong with Story" she asked.

"Nothing Janet I like Story too" Tina said.

"Alright let's end this here. We got two votes for Shyla and two for Story" I looked to Al hopping he would side with me. "Shyla or Story" I asked him.

He sat there looking at his plate as he thought for a moment. "Story" he said.

I looked at him with disappointment as I dropped my face while Janet and Tina burst out laughing.