Page 12

Janet

"Story" he whined. "You got shit on my hand" he groaned.

I quietly laughed at him covering my mouth from the bed. "I can hear you Janet" he said as he continued to change her diaper.

"You still don't need my help" I asked smiling.

"No Janet" he sucked his teeth. "I gotta wash my hands" he said.

"Ok I'll finish changing her so you can wash your hands" I said getting up out of bed.

Christopher's never changed a diaper before. And he wants to learn how to change Story so he can help me out. Story's only been home for two weeks. And he told me this morning not to help him. He said he got it. But he's actually struggling.

"I love that your trying for me" I said coming from behind him wrapping my arms around his waist.

Story laid on her back playing with her feet. She was so bright and adorable. "Back up" he said holding his dirty hand to me.

He started to burst out laughing as I jumped back so fast. "It's not funny Christopher wash your shitty hands" I frowned.

"Alright" he chuckled. "I'll be right back Story" he said before entering the bathroom.

"Daddy's crazy" I said talking to Story. "Isn't daddy crazy" I said making her stare at me.

Her eyes widened as she stared at me while getting excited. "Mommy loves you" I said in my baby talking voice.

I love being home all day taking care of my baby. I love watching her and catering to her. This opportunity was snatched from me when I gave birth to Stevanna.

Right after the doctors handed her to me, Joseph snatched her right out my arms and handed her right to Rebbie. Jospeh didn't want to see me holding the baby. He wanted me to get right back into working after I gave birth to Stevanna.

Now all I want to do is be a mother to this child. This is my second chance. Story will always have my attention, love and affection. Everybody took the time to see Story after her birth. Everyone but Michael and Stevanna so far.

"Oh my god Christopher" I said kicking my feet in excitement. "What Janet!?" He was changing his cloths.

"Look she's smiling" I said. He eventually pulled down his sweater and ran to my side. "She's so beautiful J" he said before kissing my cheek.

She started smiling after three weeks. Two weeks after she started to coo. It was one of the most beautiful things I ever heard. The sound of her babbling woke me out of my sleep.

"Christopher, wake up she's talking" I said shaking him. He lifted his head and gave me a stank face.

He was in the studio since earlier that morning so he was extremely tired. "Baby do you hear her" I asked.

"I don't hear—" in the middle of his sentence his face changed as he looked to her side of the room.

Story started to babble from her crib. Her innocent voice made me jump out of the bed just to get a look at her. Later that same day I got a unexpected call.