Page 19

Janet

"... Hopefully we won't be gone for more than two days" I said nervously waiting for him to blow up.

"Wait Janet what? Your just gonna go to London, What!? Two days!?"

"Baby don't forget I got Randy and Joey with me" I said trying to reassure him.

"Oh yeah, that changes fucking everything" he said in his New York accent.

I could hear Story's babble followed by Al's voice. "Hey Christopher who's at the house" I asked.

"Al, we had plans to go out. But it looks like I'm watching Story while your gone" he sighed.

"Bring her to your mothers"

"I'll call her"

"I need to do this Christopher. I love you, kiss Story for me" I said wishing I could hold him.

"Yeah I got you. Be safe" he said hanging up.

"That motherfucker" I mumbled.

"What happened" Randy asked from across me in his seat. The both of us sat across from each other in my private jet.

"He didn't say it back" I pouted.

"Trust me Dunk he loves you. Any man that puts up with you for this long" he chuckled. "He gotta love you"

"Shut up Randy" I said laughing with him.

"Hey are you ready? I'll let the pilot know" Joey asked.

"Yeah let's go"

I spent about five hours of that flight sleeping and the other five catching up with Joey. Randy was knocked out in his seat across from me.

"How old was Tristan when he started talking" I asked Joey.

Joey began to laugh. "Honestly you gotta ask Amanda about that. I don't remember the when's and where's. I wasn't even here for half of them. I was with you touring"

"It's not my fault, I offered you to stay home remember?"

"You need to be thanking me for staying" he said with a cocky smile on his face.

"Thanking you" I burst out laughing. "For what?"

"Girl I helped you when you were sneaking around with Shawn"

"You forgot we still got caught on your watch" I said in a silly tone.

While on tour for the Velvet Rope I was still married to Rene. I didn't start sleeping with Shawn till after the tour started. Joey would sometimes help us sneak around but failed once.

"Come on that was one time" he whined. "I helped you out every other time"

"Your right" I chuckled.

"I know I am don't play wit me" he said in a playful tone.

"Thanks again for helping me out this time" I said looking at him to my left.