Page 17

Janet

"Janet she won't answer my calls nor my texts. I went to her apartment yesterday. They told me she moved out last week! And Eliz won't tell me where she is. Janet have you heard from Stevanna?"

Eliz is Randy's ex wife. The woman he raised Stevanna with. Eliz loves Stevanna like her own daughter. The two of them are very close.

When Randy and Eliz divorced, Randy moved out while Stevanna lived with Eliz. The two of them had joint custody of Stevanna but she's always been closer to Eliz.

"Wait hold up" I chuckled a little. "Bring that second to last part back" I began to block out Story and Christopher only hearing Randy's voice.

"Her apartment?"

"No Randy Eliz!"

"You know Eliz and Stevanna are close. She won't tell me where Stevenna is or how she's doing"

I was in instant mama bear mode. I felt like Stevanna was snatched away from me again. This time I'm fighting for her even if I have to go to war for her.

"Randy are you home?"

"Yeah"

"I'll meet you there. Ima get dressed right now and I'll be on my way. We're gonna find her I promise"

"Ok" I instantly hug up and threw my phone on the bed before taking off my bathrobe.

"Janet what happened" Christopher asked me from the bed.

"Randy hasn't heard from Stevanna. So we're gonna find her" I said looking through my dresser for underwear.

"So nobody's heard from her?"

"Eliz but she won't tell us anything. She's keeping secrets"

"Yeah maybe because Stevanna doesn't want you guys to find her. Janet she's angry"

"I don't care is she's angry. I'm going to find my daughter" I said putting on my bra.

I could hear bubbles being blow. I instantly turned my head to Story sitting up with drool on her mouth.

"Oh my goodness was that Story" I asked.

"Yeah I think that's her first time blowing bubbles"

I rushed into my black dress and ran over to Story giving her a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Be a good girl for daddy. Mommy has to go find Stevanna"

She looked into my eyes trying her hardest to mimic me. "Stnana" she babbled it. It was the cutest thing watching her try.

"I'll be back baby, I'm bringing Stevanna home" I said before kissing her soft cheek.

Before I could leave Christopher grabbed my wrist with a firm grip. "Janet this doesn't make any sense"

"Christopher let me go" I demanded as I yanked my wrist from his grip.

"This time I'm fighting for her for real. I've been wrong this whole time Christopher"