Page 22

Christopher

That next day Story woke me out of my peaceful sleep with her shrieking cry.

"Story" I cried her name before lifting her up from beside me.

I got her out of bed and took care of her. It's way easier with Janet around. What takes me five minutes takes her two seconds when it comes to Story. Even when it comes down to her cry Janet can figure it out real quick.

After feeding Story before feeding myself there was a unexpected visitor at the door. I went to the door with Story in my arm to see Al.

"Look Story it's your big cousin Al" I said letting him in.

"Hey" he said casually.

"Hey what are you doing here?"

"I came to check up on you after last night. You were pretty fucked up" he said raising his eyebrows at me.

"Yeah and I'm good no hangover" I said causally walking through the house before putting Story back in her chair.

Al followed me. "Not that dumbass. I'm talking about how you left with your ex" he whispered.

"Whatcha whispering for Story don't understand you" I said as she continued to play in her baby food.

Al hit my chest. "Are you serious?"

"You know you could've just called, right" I said making my way back to my plate on the counter.

"What? Tell me what's up because I'm not understanding" he said tapping his foot.

"She spiked my drink" I said in the middle of eating my scrabbled eggs.

He froze for a moment. "Halle spiked you?"

"Yeah I got the proof. I found the bag with the drug that she spiked me with and I bought it home"

"Your serious?"

"Yes everything from the club and after was a blur to me"

"Really?"

"I'm deadass. Al the woman is crazy" I said spinning a circle with my finger to my head. "What I do remember is finding the drugs at her place. After that she kicked me out because I found it. But she doesn't know that I have it"

"It won't be long because she'll eventually notice that the bag is gone. You know that right"

"What is she gonna do? Tell Janet that she spiked me and I have her drugs" I chuckled. "That shit was a crime and I will get the cops involved if I have to. For now I just want to pretend it never happened. You understand?"

"Pretend what never happened?"

I nodded my head at him before giving him a fist bump. Al and I always had each others backs like brothers.

Being by myself with Story was a little challenging at times. I took her to the park for a walk on the second day without Janet. On our third day I brought her to Janet's mothers house.

Ever since Michaels passing his kids have been living with Janet's mother. I don't know how she does it at her age. Where the hell is the baby mama?

Either way Michaels kids were happy to play with Story. Paris, Blanket and Prince had energy to keep up with her. I sat with Janet's mother while the kids played.

"Being alone with Story for so long, really makes me appreciate Janet ten times more" I said while watching Paris play with Story.

"Are you struggling" she asked me. I could just hear the smile on her face.