Chapter 9 - Untangling Ties

Start from the beginning

"So, Kusanagi..." Rui said, ignoring Tsukasa who was stuffing sandwiches in his mouth, "Can I call you by your first name again?"

"Sure... I guess?" I answered.

"Thanks, Nene!" He smiled.

~

Welp, there's one more thing to do today...

School was over, and I was lost in my thoughts for a whole 15 minutes. Now I'm the only one left in my classroom. Weird how Aoki, or really, any of them, came to find me.

But apologizing two times in one month? That's something I've never done in my life...

I honestly did not expect Nene to accept so easily... Well, she said she hasn't yet, but I know she already has... She hasn't changed, huh? I bet her attitude would be the same as well...

Anyway, this doesn't matter now.

Like I said, I have one more thing to do today...

And that is to clear up a dare that I didn't for half a year.

I pressed the call button on Mio's contact page, and she answered immediately, "Mio? Are you there?"

"Yep, why did you call me?" She asked.

"Where are you?" I asked, not answering her question, "I need to, well, tell you something."

"I'm still at school! In my classroom" Just studying for the upcoming exam, you know! You can teach me too, since you're a genius. Also, I wanted to ask you if arsenic is in the periodic-"

"Alright, alright," I was fed up with her rambling all the time. It's getting annoying. "I'll go to your classroom. By the way, yes, arsenic is in the periodic table. Just ask Google next time."

"Okay!" She said, as I pressed the 'end' button on the call.

I walked to her classroom slowly, which is Aoki's, and saw Mio sitting on her seat with a science book in front of her, but she was scrolling on her phone.

"Hey." I said as I walked in.

"Oh, hi Rui! So, what'd you have to tell me~?" She skipped over to me.

Mio was one of the popular girls in the school. What makes her the most attractive is her long orange hair that fades into red, and her crimson coloured eyes. She gets a lot of attention, and usually gossips a lot. Which is what makes her annoying...

So, what I'm about to do is probably going to be everyone's talk tomorrow...

I wonder how Hina never knew I was dating Mio. Maybe she just doesn't pay attention to rumors and stuff like that. Or maybe these things never spread to the year group below. Or maybe Makoto told her or something. Ugh... How I wish Makoto would stop telling everyone everything. He can't keep secrets. Not at all.

"Hey, Rui?" Mio's voice snapped me back to reality.

"Oh, sorry, I just zoned out." I said.

"So what's the thing you had to tell me that is sooooo important?" She said sarcastically.

"Well..." I hesitated, but I know I'll have to do it sooner or later even if I don't do it now, "I wanted to break up."

"What?! Why?!" She said loudly.

"Well, I lost feelings for you," I lied, of course, that wasn't why. But she didn't have to know. Her knowing would only cause trouble. A lot of trouble. "So yeah, I don't like you anymore."

"But..." She said, tears forming up her eyes.

Such a crybaby... Why is she always like this? "Sorry, but I don't think we should be together, you know? No point being in a relationship if you don't like a person." I repeated what I said to Hina a week ago.

She went back to her seat, sat down, and started wiping tears that streamed down her face. Sometimes I really can't tell if she was really crying or not. But she was definitely overreacting.

"Bye." I said coldly as I exited the classroom, ready to go home. Finally! No more annoying calls in the middle of the night craving attention!

It wasn't ten minutes later when Mio posted on her account. 'We broke up! I'm all sad now...' attached with a video of her sobbing. It already has fourty likes and about thirty comments saying 'I can come and comfort you!" "I will always help you, if you would only let me kiss you!" "Do you want me to help you?" And all kinds of shit like that.

Attention seekers like Mio are seriously annoying as fuck.

~

Shit, shit, SHIT!!

I was scrolling through TikTok when I saw this video. This video of Mio crying because she broke up with her boyfriend. And guess who it is.

Rui, of course.

I was the only one that knew his secret!

He's going to blame it on me!

I swear I did nothing!

Fuck!!

Words - 1221 

I apologize for swearing multiple times here lol

This chapter's title is kinda weird (I think) but whatever.

I'm gonna read the blue lock manga soon after I catch up w the bsd one!