Chapter 49 - Warmth

They stayed still in each other's arms. Sidharth held her tighter and tighter, crushing her as humanly as possible.

"Let it out sweetheart", he called out softly as he stroked her back and hairs one by one wanting her to somehow feel safe, wanted and know that he's there, by her side.

She just clutched onto him tighter digging her palms into his forearms and he held her.

"S.. She t.. Twisted m.. My h.. Hand", she sobbed and he closed his eyes as the image of her being there in that same position flashed in front of his eyes.

He then held her wrist in his hand and pressed a kiss over the better side of her wrist as there was blood on it and the bangle was still piercing her wrist, he closed his eyes as he really couldn't bear that sight before putting it down.

"P.. Pata h.. Hein u.. Unhone a.. Aise pakda tha.. Me.. Mere f.. Face k.. Ko", she said with a sob as she mimicked the action by clasping his face just like that vile woman did it with hers ofcourse not that tightly, though.

It felt like a little child was telling an incident to her mom which happened at school.

"Shh! Meri Jaan, I'm here", he whispered softly patting her back as she hiccuped.

He held her and soothed her as she cried while holding him. It took everything in him to not to shed his own tears which were at the very bay.
It wasn't easy for her and it was as hard as for him as well. The scenarios playing in his head were giving him heartache.

She just held onto him as she cried it out for the next few minutes and he let her, holding her, feeling guilty for an hundred things, cursing his ownself with thousands of profanities and wondering all this while why couldn't he just have been there for her.

"I'm sorry", he whispered in a barely audible voice, his throat clogging up making his words choke as he gulped.

The thought of her being physically harassed and not being able to do anything to help her ownself out, Aarav watching all this with a traumatized expression and a scared look in his small eyes, made him feel guilty, incompetent and what not. It felt like a failure, he failed them.

"N.. No b.. Baba no", she gasped holding his face as she saw that look of regret, guilt and self loath cover his features.

"I fr... Freakin. Failed... Y.. You", he managed to say closing his eyes containing his unshed tears within himself.

"No y.. You didn't", she somehow just uttered, while gazing at him with her palm holding his jaw and her thumb gently brushing his cheek and he just leaned onto her touch letting a lone tear escape from the corner of his eye.

"You know, when we are at our lows we want someone to stand up for ourself and no matter how many times we say it, lekin agar koi insan sach much ke time pe, zarurat ke time pe vaha khada na ho na, toh sab batein meaningless hein and that ache, that pain which comes with those shattered expectations is insane and I can't even imagine myself being there at your place for the time being", he muttered closing his eyes as her hold on him tightened.

"A.. Agar aap mera stand nahi lete trust me i wouldn't have seen your face at least for a week, but you're at least tolerating my presence, far away the hate",he said with a bitter chuckle and she gasped in return shaking her head at him in denial of what he has just said.

"I can never hate you", she whispered in a small voice.

"Pata hein abhi apne joh kuch bhi bola na sab sach tha, expectations hurt and all that was right but you know what, Yeh bhi ek sach hein in this world full of chaos we are still alone with our demons and our battles of life, khud se khud ki jung mein hum hamesha akele hote hein", she said as she leaned against the sofa with his arms still wrapped around her and he just gazed at her thoughtfully.