Chapter 8 - Infuriated

15 days later.......

It's been fifteen days since that unfortunate night came in their lives taking everything away from them. Today is the day when they're returning back to their work town, gurgaon. Their second home. Everybody in the family have insisted them to stay here but Sidharth has been clear about the decline. Specially after the incident which took place that day. Mr. Hooda has tried to persist him as well and in return Sidharth just rubbed off the truth at his father's face regarding, people from their so called relatives would humiliate her for no reason.

"Beta mein keh raha tha thode din ruk jate abhi", Mr. Hooda said to his son.

"Hamari iss barein mein baat ho chuki hein or behtar yahi hoga ki aap iss barein mein or baat na karein", Sidharth stated.

"Thik hein jaisi tumhari marzi, dhyan rakhna sab ka", Mr. Hooda said to which Sidharth nodded.

Sana came downstairs at the very same moment as well and they touched the feet of the elders before making their way out to their car to begin with their journey back to the town. It was an almost an three hour drive back home and Sidharth made sure to get things ready. He held Aarav in his arms as they made their way to the car. Aarav has gotten quite too, he's young but still there were a few facts which he understood and now after past few days he has been understanding a lot of things. Sometimes, it feels like the little one has grown up too soon.

It was one of the days in past fifteen days when he has said that he's better off with chote papa as Pradeep was barely an father to him. He couldn't even see him that often, that rant has infuriated Sana to the core and she has slapped him across his face along with a yelling session and giving him an lecture of sense which he's yet to gain. But what, made everybody stunned was that the little boy didn't got angry, surely he did cried but he seeked for his mother saying that he's there she can beat him. None could understand the level of maturity which the little one showed but Sana melted right then and there, crying with her child for their mutual loss and loving him. At that moment, Sidharth took the pledge to protect both of them with his dear life as well. They were just too precious and the world doesn't let the precious one's on their own that easily.

"Bh.", Sidharth started and then sighed closing his eyes.

Addressing her as his sister in law is one of the habits which he has been taking in practise from the past four years. Such habits couldn't be changed overnight neither do in a span of fifteen days. So, here he is struggling with it.

"Voh mein yeh keh raha tha if you need anything am here", he stated to which she barely nodded.

"Yeh soh raha hein toh mein ise apke room mein chod doon", Sidharth asked pointing to Aarav to which Sana nodded slightly again before opening her side of door and making her way inside.

Sana walked to the door and tried to open it but it was closed and in that moment she actually realized that what a blunder she did by leaving the door unlocked. But then, she was too fazed at that moment to care about such things. But as she think, the door shouldn't be locked as per that.

"Key", she heared the familiar voice letting her know that he did took care of it, she took the key and plunged it opening the door.

As soon as she opened the door it felt like a sudden weave of nausea hit her as she gripped the wall for support. The memories of that day, the day she lost her world, came crashing upon her. She couldn't fathom in herself to even keep herself steady and let herself drop down to her knees as her mind go back to the lane of sadness, loneliness and grief. How her brother in law was teasing her regarding her husband just fifteen days back and how her world came crashing in a moment when she recieved that phone call and how today she had came back to this house with the title of almost a wife of that very brother in law of hers. Life really is unpredictable.

"Bhabhi", she heared the voice before his arms wrapped around her shoulder as he saw her at the floor after coming out as he put Aarav to bed.

"Kya hua aap thik hein", he asked caressing her hairs and soothing her.

"I do.. Don't know", she managed to breath out.

"Your body seems hot, have you got fever?", he asked as he rubbed her hand which he was holding as he identified that it was unpleasantly hot.

"Am fine", she said making an attempt to get up and he let her be just helping her.

"Mein aaraha hoon doh minute mein", he said before making a rush but her rude voice stopped him.

"You don't need to care for me am alright or mein apna dhyan khud rakh sakti hoon", she said a bit harshly.

"Haan jaise pichle chaar saal se rakhti aa rahi hein aap, apna dhyan haina", he said sarcastically.

"Mujhe nahi chahiye apka Yeh concern", she stated.

"Why are you making this difficult", he sighed.

"Apne Haan hi kyu ki insab ke liye", she asked, her voice choking at the end as she tried to keep her tears at the bay.

"Mein Ek baat baar baar repeat nahi kar sakta jis situation mein hum the uske hisab se I made a wise choice aab aap joh marzi sochti rahe iss baare mein voh apki marzi hein lekin agar apko lagta hein ki iss choice ki vajah se mein apke sath apna dosti ka rishta khatam kar dunga ya apki parwah karna band kar dunga ya phir iss naam vale rishte ko nibhane ke liye apke sath bitaye pichle chaar saal ki yadein khatam kar dunga toh aap galat soch rahi hein",he stated in a tired tone.

"Yeh sab mere liye bhi utna hi mushkil hein jitna apke liye", saying so he left.

Sana felt as if she couldn't breathe for a moment as she replayed his words in her head. He was right, they always had each other's back in the past four years given the fact that his presence was more prominent in her life. But what shatters her is the soul idea of eyeing him romantically. It felt like she was betraying her soul, her husband somewhere. It felt like she wasn't ready to even continue the relationship which she had with him as an brother in law, they were like best friends always, but now even that seems like a wrong deed. He was indeed right, Sana was always careless regarding her health and thats why he has always looked after her but today when he attempted to do the same she was infuriated.

Wasn't it wrong on his behave?

He's a victim of this as much as she!!

Sidharth grabbed the first aid box from the drawer and walked back to her room. He don't know why but his heart felt an deep pain when she asked him not to take care of her. She was always the one who'd demand him to look after her at the expanse of his brother. They were like two best friends whom you could always look upto in your ups and downs but today her behaviour hurted him a bit too much.

"Here, put this on", he commanded forwarding the thermometer to her.

"No", she declined.

"Sanuu", he said and both of them freezed for a moment as her nickname rolled out of his mouth which was given to her by her husband.

Sidharth felt like he just exploded a bomb as he saw the utter look of anger at her face and he knew by that look over her face that she took the thing seriously wrong. She might have thought that he was trying to take her husband's position whereas, on his behalf, he was only trying to not to address her as his sister in law again. In the past four years, he has always addressed her as bhabhi and today that word didn't felt right given the fact that they haven't talked that much in the past fifteen days but today, only had they talked after the rasam so addressing her with that felt wrong so he opted for her name but he never intended to make it roll out of his mouth that way. He knew it'll hurt her and he obviously was trying to avoid doing that over all costs but then again, what's supposed to happen, ends up happening on it's own.

"Leave", she nearly yelled and for the time being he just silently obligated.

"Box mein pcm hein temperature check karke le lijiyega", saying so he left from there with a defeated and infuriated sigh.

He was angry at himself!!

Our devar jii iss gussu gussu...

Pyaar bhejne ke liye ye pyare se panda ki ankh dabaye 🐼🐼🐼