Chapter 12 - Video

It was eleven fifty at the clock and Sana was seated at the sofa in her room scrolling through her phone, mindlessly. Her eyes were dropping close but she knew that she has to keep herself awake as she needs to wish her son on his birthday. She has a mind that she should go and wake Sidharth too and they could wish him together but then she thought not to disturb him but given their bond together she was in dilemma as her child would be really happy if Sidharth would be here too.

Sighing she kept her phone away and got up with a deep breath making her way towards his room silently, expecting his room's door to be closed like always but it was wide open. She sighed and made her way steadily to his room and stopping right there to knock only to catch a sign of him being there at his bed in the very same position. He had his phone in his hand and he was yawning but his eyes were wide as if he was trying to keep himself awake.

"You can sleep if you want", she said standing still at the door.

"Arey! When did you came", he said getting up.

"Just abhi mein voh bulane aayi thi I mean I.. If you would be there to wish him, he would be happy lekin agar neend aa rai hein toh you should sleep", she said hesitantly.

"Hogya apka", he said with a bored expression.

"Matlab", she frowned.

"Watch your choice of words", he said a bit sternly.

"I don't understand", she said confused.

"Voh mere liye bhi utna hi zaruri hein jitna apke liye, agar mein uske ek special moment ke liye apni neend qurban kar dunga toh usme koi pahad nahi toot jayega. I know you're the parent here but fortunately or unfortunately I share the same position with you now and am equally responsible too even when I wasn't, tab bhi uske apne baap se pehle mein use wish karta tha", he blurted out and she looked at him a little hurt as the thought pinched her, which was true though, despite the fact that it was situational.

"Just because life ne kuch chize galat kar di uske chakkar mein mujhe outsider bnana band kar doh please, you aren't the only one suffering here. Am suffering too but not from others my suffering has been coming from you only. I try to understand you but you don't and I seriously don't know what you want huh!", he said frustrated and she looked at him with curiosity, there was surely something else which was bothering her.

"Sidharthhhh", she softly spoke holding his arm but he didn't looked her way instead he fixated his gaze at the floor.

She held his hand and dragged him to the living area and he let her do that. She made him sit down at the sofa as she walked to the kitchen and filled a glass of water before bringing it out for him.

"Sidharthhh have it", she said handing him the glass he took it and placed it aside before standing up and hugging her tight

"Sidharthhh kya hua, what's wrong", she asked, her voice lacing with worry and concern.

"E.. Everything i.. Is w.. Wrong Y... Yaar", he mumbled in a broken voice and she felt her own eyes at the verge of shedding tears too as the quiver in his voice did that to her.

She has seen him this broken only three times in the last four years. The first time was a few months back when she has spotted him with alcohol in his room in the daylights and when she confronted him he broke down like a lost person, sobbing, crying and absolutely devastated but he never told her the reason until few days back, it was actually that day when his love has married someone else. The second time was his brother's death and the third one is today. The man in her arms is a charmer and she won't deny that he is the only one who has kept her sane through the days of loneliness in the past three years. First year was the only one when she was here with her husband as his posting was here only but post that Sidharth was the only source of familiarity to her. Seeing him broken or vulnerable is something which is unbearable to her. He isn't someone who breaks easily but when he does it feels like the whole world is wrong.