Chapter 35 - Neighbors

"Anyone can buy a good house but a good neighbour is priceless"

Sidharth held Aarav's tiny hand in his big palm along with a bag in his free hand, while Sana carried the small bag in her hand as they made their way upstairs through the lift. Sidharth had this giddy feeling running inside his whole self and it was consuming him dearly. Despite, all the drama he loved the fact that she was ready, ready to let him in, ready to be vulnerable in front of him, ready to show her weak points to him, ready to lead on a "us", somewhere and well he couldn't be more glad to almighty for all of it.

"You've the keys right?", Sidharth asked to which Sana nodded.

As they neared towards the door and Sana was about to plung the keys in but the door opened on its own revealing Mr. & Mrs. Khatri at the door with a warm smile covering their face.

Well, Mr. Ashok Khatri & Mrs. Anita khatri are their neighbors from the past various years and well Sidharth like to address them as Sana's dear grandparents as they treat her like their grandchild, the old couple lives alone with their children living miles away in forgein. Sana being the sweetheart she is, she has always looked after them and henceforth they love her as their own child as well.

"Nayi dulhan ka ghar mein swagat hein", Mrs. Anita Khatri spoke with the warmest smile covering her wrinkled face.

"Aunty ji - Uncle ji, namaste Yeh sab", Sana asked joining her hands in a greeting while she gazed at the decor of home with a perplexed look covering her features.

"Namashtee", Aarav wished too while joining his hands and Sidharth smiled at him.

The whole apartment was decorated with white and red flowers, well Sana's favourite combination. There were fairy lights at some walls along with some multi colored bulbs, light up, giving that shaadi wala ghar, vibes.

"Yeh sab hamari bahu ki shaan mein", Mrs. Khatri grinned.

"Acha! Demote kar diya mujhe beti se bahu pe agye aap", she pouted.

"Kabhi Kabhi nalayak bacho ki side leni padti hein", Mr. Khatri winked and Sidharth rolled his eyes.

"This old man seriously have some issues with him",he thought to himself.

"Lekin insab ki kya zarurat thi", Sana asked.

"Beta! Haar chiz zarurat se nahi hoti, kuch chize sirf dil se bhi hoti hein", Mrs. Khatri said patting Sana's cheek.

"Or phir Beta, nayi bahu ka swagat kisi ko toh karna tha na! ", she stated as if a Matter of fact.

"Lekin aapko Yeh sab I mean, how did you knew ki hum log abhi aane valein hein", Sidharth asked with a frown.

"Kalyani ji ka phone aaya tha beta! Anyways humein toh vaise bhi karna hi tha hamari bachi ghar aayi hein", the old woman said placing her hand over Sana's head who smiled closing her eyes.

Suddenly feeling emotional all around. The newly weds rituals, the feeling seemed unrealistic. Specially, this warmth which this woman has around her. She always gets this emotional vibe whenever some elderly people put their hand over her head, it feels like someone is blessing her soul.

"Thank you", Sana whispered as the elderly woman hugged her.

"Chalo chalo abhi kalash ko sidhe paon se niche girao let's do your grah pravesh", Mrs. Khatri said breaking the hug and Sana nodded her head taking a step back.

Sana put the dupatta around her head before she removed her juttis and lifted her right foot forward to gently kick the kalash.

"Yayyyy!", Mrs. Khatri clapped and giggled like a toddler making the others in the room pass a smile over her joyous face.