Chapter 32 - Stand

They did a long session of touching elders feet, which included half population of the village. By the time they were taken to the seats at the corner of the temple they were barely able to keep up with the standing. As soon as they sat there, Sidharth disappeared and Sana frowned sitting there alone but she sighed closing her eyes.

"Finally it's over", she spoke to herself, the Bittersweet feeling was finally over.

Only, if she knew, though!!

Sidharth came back with a water bottle in his hand and a very sleepy Aarav on his shoulder. He handed the water bottle to her and she passed him a greatful smile. She really needed water at the least. He then walked to the corner and laid Aarav there before directing the table fan in the mattress direction. Sana felt her insides tingle at the sight, these were the fatherly instincts which comes so naturally to him.

"He was sleeping on a chair very uncomfortably so maine socha idhar sula doon", he spoke with a sigh and she nodded at him before handing him the half filled water bottle.

"So abhi kya karna hein humein", Sana asked her eyes getting teary every now and then, while she just rubbed them In response to get relief.

"What's going on with your eyes", he asked with a frown.

"Voh actually jab sindoor lgaya na so voh ankh mein gaya I guess", she replied rubbing her eyes yet again.

"For God sake! You've a mouth", he scolded.

"It isn't a big deal", she spoke again rubbing her eyes.

"Stop rubbing your eyes you'll make it even worse", he spoke before removing his handkerchief from the payjama's pocket and wetting it with the water before putting it onto her eyelids.

"How do you feel now? ", he asked, concern written all over his face.

"Yeah! It just burns a little", she told and he removed the handkerchief away from eyes as he made a little potli of some cloth and blew on it before putting it around her eyes.

Sana glanced at him with warmth flooding in her insides as she felt like she was Aarav. Although, she hated for the thought which she had in her head, but for a moment she thought about what Pradeep would've been here at Sidharth's side, he surely wouldn't have found it a concern worthy situation. But if the tables would've turned she would've reacted the same way as of Sidharth.

"What're you even thinking", she thought to herself before shaking her head at herself.

"Better now?", he asked breaking her chain of thoughts and she nodded.

"Wash your face a little it'll make you look and feel better too", he suggested.

"I know I must be looking like a Dracula right now with all the kohl smudged around but I'm not in a mood for a face wash because I really need a bath", she said with a sigh.

"Acha thodi si akhhein dho lo", he suggested and she nodded putting the water around her eyes just a little.

"Aren't you hungry?", Sidharth asked to which she nodded slightly.

"Chalo phir let's have food", he told.

"Won't they be, I mean", she asked with a tint coating her cheeks out of embarrassment as she asked him, shouldn't they be having their kind of wedding couple meal?

Shouldn't they be served on their own table instead of going over there and eating like wedding guests?

"Dad has sent me here for the same, he said we should eat", he said scratching his neck and she nodded.