Chapter 14 - Yes

Sidharth was in the living room scrolling through his phone, waiting for Sana to come back.

"Kafi der ho gai na ane mein sorry, soh hi nahi raha tha voh, itna excitement hora tha use subah ke liye", she said taking a seat at the sofa.

"I understand or koi der nai hui chill", he said leaning against the sofa.

"So, kya socha hein apne joh mein apko samjhana chah raha tha", he asked raising a brow at her.

"Pata nahi Sidharth, I feel blank, lost and I don't know", she sighed and silence fell around them.

"Pata hein Sidharth, apke bhai ne mujhe jab bhi koi kaam karne se roka na toh maine usme humesha Yeh socha ki meri bhalai ke liye hoga, ya unka koi reason hoga or anything, like you know somehow I would just understand kabhi ladi nahi mein aise, lekin mujhe Yeh nahi pata tha ki mere bache ke sath bhi voh aisa kar sakte hai, unke beliefs, unki life, unke ethics i understood lekin hamara bacha, use toh sab explore karne ka haq hein na, use toh apni khud ki raye bnane ka haq tha usse abhi se pehle voh kyu cheena gaya? Aaj apne dekha voh kitna khush tha when we said yes", Sana said thoughtfully and Sidharth nodded.

"Mujhe naa aaj gussa aa raha hein ki mein kyu nahi samajh payi", she sighed.

"Lekin sath mein voh v.. Video is still running in my head, I can't think straight", she mumbled, her voice quivering.

"Take your time", he said softly.

"Thank you", she said with a soft smile.

"Lekin mein apse kuch mang sakta hoon", he asked hesitantly.

"Haan na boliye", she quickly said.

"Mein akele Jake sohna nahi chahta, it's going to haunt me", he said honestly and she nodded, she would've felt the same too.

It felt like too much has happened in a very short span of time and this is going to take forever to at least take a backseat from the back of their heads. It has occupied their whole selves like anything. Right now, being alone was the worst option.

"Am on the same page as of you and I'd prefer being surrounded rather than being alone at this time specially because of the numerous thought running in my head, I feel so scared of my ownself", she said somewhat scared.

"Me too", he agreed and silence fell around them.

"Movie dekhe",he asked after a while.

"Unmm I don't mind", she shrugged.

It was like she would give just anything at the moment to occupy her brain cells which had all the negative thoughts swirling through them and she just wanted to shut them off, anyhow!

"Which one", he asked as he got up and switched the TV on.

"You choose phir mein bolungi toh you'll be back to calling me all about cindrella love", she said rolling her eyes and he laughed at her.

"But you actually are a cindrella lover aren't you, a typical Fanfic lover",he teased.

"Not anymore, life isn't about fictions and it's not a fictional story or book either and I've learnt it the harder way", she said with a sad smile.

"But still there is no problem with living in this world for a while, it won't bring any harm", he said and she nodded.

"Phir bhi you choose", she said.

"Thik hein so we'll watch Qareeb Qareeb Single, today", he announced.

"Yeh kaisa naam hein", she said scrunching her face.

"Naam jaisa bhi ho movie ke review badhiya hein and we're watching it, mein room se blanket leke aata hoon or popcorn bana ke lata hoon in the meanwhile credits roll honge apko kuch or chahiye", he asked hurriedly and she shook her head.

Sana just sat there gazing at the black screen with some names on it. He returned back ten minutes later too and the movie has already begun so she moved it back to the first scene which was five minutes ago.

"Piche kyu ki", he whined as he putted the blanket on her head.

"Aapka scene miss hogya tha isliye lekin Yeh dekh lo ye izzat dih jaa ri hein vapis mujhe return mein", she said with a huff as she adjusted herself in the blanket and snatched the bowl of popcorn away from his hand.

"Ahaan! Mere phullllleeeeeee", Sidharth whined for the popcorn as she didn't let him take it back.

"Apke phulle aaj se mere hue kyuki my phulle are my phulle non of your phulle", She said dramatically.

"Thik hein toh uss hisab se I've brought the blankets so my kambal is my kambal none of your kambal toh give it back to me", he said.

"Hawww! Sidharth itne sakht dil kaise ho sakte ho aap, itni bhari Ac ki thand mein how can you not let me use a blanket", She said making a pout.

"Because you're not letting me eat the popcorn joh ki maine hi banaye hein", he retorted.

"Thik hein khane dungi lekin barabar se adhe adhe honge, deal!", she said extending a hand towards him and he shook it firmly, all the while gazing at her.

"Aab blanket toh doh", she said snatching it off from his hand and he let her be.

"Chalo lets begin our movie night", Sidharth said and she nodded fixating her gaze at the screen.

For the next two hour five minutes, Sana had her eyes glued to the screen. Sometimes, with a teary gaze, sometimes with a smile, sometime with concentration and sometime lost. All this while Sidharth had his gaze fixated at her only. He was watching every expression of her. If someone would ask her what he saw in the movie, he wouldn't be able to answer but he could tell every expression she has given throughout the whole movie. He has seen the movie before, but that wasn't the reason he was so indulged in gazing at her, he himself couldn't fathom the reason, though.

"Movie mast thi", she said as the credit rolled out.

"Haan! Kya shiksha mili humein movie se phir", he asked raising a brow at her.

"That we should keep going on, no matter what", she said lost.

"Am here and I'll be there by your side, you've my word", he said taking hold of her fore finger, just a mere touch of comfort and assurance.

"I know", she said with a light smile.

"Mein join karna chahti hoon voh job", she said with a deep breath and the grin which spread throughout his face was the best sight to be hold.

It was the first Yes and definitely a first of many other yes that would come along in future.

2023 mubarak ho aap abhi bhi zinda hein or apko abhi bhi iss zaalim duniya ke dukh, dard, peeda jhelne hein or sukh, seva, samapatii pani hein!!