Chapter 13 - Birthday

They sat in each other's warmth stilled, silently weeping, seeking solace and just silently letting it all go. The view from the video was something which they could never forget in their lives but the fresh memory was the most hurting thing and it was hurting, hurting more than hell could. Till now, they had an imaginative aspect of what could've happened but now it all feels more real and less imaginative as there is very less left to imagine. They've seen most of it from their own eyes. Him bleeding to death and still reaching out for them, his loved ones.

"How bad am I naa", Sidharth after a while his voice hoarse as he put his head away from her shoulder.

"Aise kyu bol rahe hein aap", she asked in a low voice as she rubbed her eyes.

"Mein khud toh dukhi tha hi maine apko bhi dukhi kar diya", he said with a sigh.

"It was our mutual loss Sidharth, he was the same among us, he's the common factor among us and hum joh marzi kar le we can never deny that we can't even share this loss, this closely with anyone else", she said with sincerity.

"I just want you to remember that jaise mere liye aap ho, apke liye bhi mein hoon I know t.. This w.. Was tough le.. Lekin I needed to know", she said in a quivering voice.

"You deserved to know", he said in a firm voice and she nodded.

"Hum sambhal lenge na ek dusre ko", he said rather promised.

"Bilkul", she agreed with a tight lipped smile but she was confident.

"Abhi chalein barah ka ek baj gaya hein", Sidharth said glancing at the clock.

"God! Haan Yeh toh dimag se hi nikal gaya tha Chalo chalo", she said getting up.

"Aap Jake usko uthao mein cake leke aata hoon", he said to which she nodded before running away and Sidharth smiled at her lightly.

"You did wrong to her, she didn't deserved this", he said looking up at the God, as if complaining.

*****

Sana tip toed to her little one's room and opened it gently only to found him in deep sleep with his mouth slightly parted and breathing steady, a habit which Hooda's seem to have adapted from each other and she couldn't help but smile.

She walked to him and gently ruffled his hairs before leaning down to press a kiss at his forehead with a tear rolling out from the corner of her eye, which shook him awake too.

"Happy birthday meri jaan", she softly whispered.

"T.. Thank you", came the sleepy murmer.

"Uth gaya mera bacha", she said surprised before lifting him in her lap.

"God bless you, keep you healthy, away from pain, provide you success in life and you receive always the best out of everything", Sana made the prayer as she placed their hands together at his heart after closing their eyes

"You were cliying", he asked with a raised eyebrow and she gazed at him longingly before hugging him tight.

"No bache, mumma was just slightly overwhelmed as she thanked god for having you here in my life", she said smiling at him.

"Happy birthday to youuuu, happy birthday to youuuu, happy birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday to youuuuuuuu", came the robotic voice from the floor and the mother - son duo gazed down to spot a robotic toy mimicking it on loop with lights flashing through it as it moved from here and there.

"Chote papa", he yelled enthusiastically and Sidharth showed up right then with a remote in his hand before he lifted the little one off the ground.

"Happy birthday mera Jahaan", Sidharth wished in the loveliest voice possible.