𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐣𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐞

˚⁺

"STOP PANICKING, THEY'RE GOING TO LOVE YOU," Alejandro brushes the hair out of my face, "Do you think so?" I shake as I stare at myself in the mirror. "Y/N, if I love you. They will too," he kisses the top of my head. 

Four months of dating and I'm now meeting Ale's parents. I wanted to do this so badly, but the nerves were taking over me. I wanted to be perfect, I made sure everything was perfect. Hair, outfit, everything. I didn't want to make a bad first impression. 

Ale swore up and down that it was impossible to do so, but knowing me, I disagreed.

"Alright, let's go," he tells me as I stand up. I straighten out the white dress I had chosen, Ale matched with a white button-up and some khakis. 

"You look beautiful," Ale grabs my hand, placing a gentle kiss on it. My nerves settled a smidge as I could only think about the beautiful man standing in front of me, "Thank you," I shy away from him. "Don't," he tilts my head back toward him. "Now, come on," he kisses me quickly. 

The car ride to Ale's parent's house was quick, quicker than I thought honestly. I grab the flowers and wine that I had brought as Ale grabs my purse for me. The sight of Alejandro carrying a Dior purse was funny to me, "What?" he looks over at me. "Oh nothing," I continue to walk as I realized my laughs were audible. 

He rings the doorbell before his mom swiftly opens the door, "Hello!" she enthusiastically greets us as Ale smiles brightly. "Hi mamá," he hugs her tightly. "Oh, you've gotten so muscular. I hardly recognize you," she teases.

"And you must be Y/N," she looks toward me, "Hi, it's so nice to meet you, Mrs. Balde," I nod. "Oh please, call me Gledys," she leans in for a hug. "You're so beautiful," she mumbles as she hugs me. "Thank you, as are you," I compliment. 

"These are for you and your husband," I extend the gift, "Oh why thank you!" she smiles. "Please, come in," she waves us in. "Ale," I stop him, "Shoes?" I question. "Up to you," he shrugs. 

I slide my heels off my feet and walk through the house, "I made a bunch of things, I hope you like them. Ale wouldn't tell us your favorite foods," she looks toward him. "She loves everything!" he defends, "It's alright. It all looks amazing," I smile. 

"Are Edy and Nersi here?" he asks, "No, they are not. It's just us and your father," she tells him as she mixes the salad dressing in.

"Let's eat," she smiles. 

As we sit down, Ale's father finally joins us. He was a bit more reserved and quiet, I couldn't tell if that was how he was, or if he just didn't like me. 

"So, Y/N. Tell us about you," Gledys says. "I'm eighteen years old, and I am a model. I work with Victoria's Secret currently which has always been my dream," I tell her. I hear his father scoff from across the table. "Saliu," she looks over at him. 

"When did you guys meet?" she asks, "Well, we actually met because she is Pedri's cousin," Ale answers. "Alejandro!" his mom laughs. "No, it's alright. Pedri set us up actually," I join. "So you're established in your career," his father joins in. 

"Yes, I've been modeling for a while now," I nod. "Mhm, so you don't want my son's money," Saliu says. "Papa!" Ale widens his eyes, "It's okay," I awkwardly chuckle. "No, I was well-established before I met Alejandro. I have had my own house since I was seventeen years old and I could understand why you're skeptical," I nod. 

"Saliu, I cannot believe you asked her that oh my! I'm so sorry Y/N," Gledys panics, "I understand, you're looking out for him," I nod. 

The awkwardness began to loom over the table, Alejandro's jaw was clenched, and he aggressively stabbed at the food on his plate. "I'm going to use the wash room," I quietly excuse myself. 

I walk to the bathroom and take a deep breath, "It's okay, everything's okay," I whisper to myself as I pace around. "He's just looking out for his son. You're not a gold digger," I remind myself. I take a few more deep breaths before I hear a knock on the door, "Baby?" Ale's voice was quiet. "One minute," I call out. 

I fix my hair and take one last deep breath, "Hi," I fakely smile. "Are you alright?" he steps into the bathroom with me, "I'm fine. Why?" I chuckle, "Y/N," he looks at me once more. "I knew that it was going to be hard. I'm not offended," I tell him. 

"I'm sorry. I'm so embarrassed," he brushes the hair out of my face, "He's looking out for you. It's okay Ale," I look into his eyes. "You're so good, you know that?" he questions, "Sometimes," I nod. 

"I love you," he blurts out. 

His eyes widened with mine, "I... uh," he stutters. 

I laugh loudly, "I love you too," I wrap my arms around his neck. "Well fuck," he shakes his head. "What an eventful night," he stares into my eyes. 

"I love you too Alejandro," I pull him closer to me. "I love you too," I mumble against his lips once more. 

˚⁺