𝐧𝐞𝐲𝐦𝐚𝐫 𝐣𝐫.

˚⁺

BIANCA AND CRIS' WEDDING WAS IMMACULATELY PLANNED. Bianca and I have been best friends since we were younger, and along the way, she set me up with Neymar. 

That didn't work out as planned when we broke up. Nothing was awkward between us, Ney was best friends with Cris and I had Bianca.

But the only thing that was now uncomfortable was us walking down the aisle together since I was the maid of honor and he was the best man. 

"I can rearrange it, I don't want you to be uncomfortable," Bianca looks at me through the mirror. "I'm not and don't you dare rearrange your wedding for me. This is your day, not mine," I put my hand on her shoulder, "I know but I want you to be happy too. You did so much for today," she holds my hand. 

"Bi, it's your day. Enjoy your day! I'm fine," I smile. 

I wasn't fine, but who would I be to take the special day away from the bride? I hadn't seen Neymar since our split. I couldn't even rehash the split and I knew he was going to bring it up tonight if he got the chance, which just meant I needed to avoid him. 

"You look beautiful," Bianca snaps me out of my haze. "Thank you amor. You look even more beautiful. You're a true queen," I kiss the top of her head. 

She stands up from the chair, "Let's get me into this dress," she smiles brightly. 

As we all begin to line up, Neymar and I would walk before Bianca.

I fiddled with my fingers, talked to other bridesmaids, anything I could distract myself from looking into his beautiful hazel orbs and falling back into his trap. His stare burned through the side of my face, but I just couldn't. Not today. 

The music began to play and everyone else began to walk. Neymar continued to stare at me, he clears his throat to receive an acknowledgment from me, and he extends his arm out for me to wrap mine in as I hold the beautiful bouquet in my other. 

I wrap my arm around him and for a moment, it felt like it was just us. I glance at him for the first time and he flashes his bright smile,  the butterflies erupt in my stomach as I face forward once more. Walking out now. 

Neymar holds onto me tightly, looking over at me every once in a while to take in my beauty. He held me tightly as if he's never held me before. His fingers tickled my arm a bit as he softly caressed me. 

When he released me, all he did was stare at me from his side. My focus was set on Bianca who was now walking down the aisle. 

The ceremony was done and I changed into a shorter version of my dress, Bianca and I were dancing away until the slow music set in and it was time for their first dance, along with the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

Neymar wandered over to me, extending his hand. I took it hesitantly as he pulled me into him. My arms were around his neck as his flowed around my waist. His head was on my shoulder as we peacefully swayed back and forth. 

"I miss you, meu amor," he mumbles into my ear. 

My body tenses up noticeably. "I'm sorry for everything I've done," he sighs. "I know that I wasn't good. I'll change, I'll be better. Make more time for you," he tells me. "Ney," I feel the lump in my throat form. "Please," he begs a bit. 

"I don't know," I feel tears stream down my face. "Y/N, you're not the one who should be crying," he wipes the stray tears away. "I know, but..." I trail off. 

"I love you, you know I love you," Neymar stares into my eyes as I nod in agreement. "I will do anything for you," he places one hand on the side of my face. His thumb sweetly glides over my face, "Please," he begs. 

"We can talk after. Not now," I continue to dance with him. 

Throughout the night, Neymar clung to my hip. Partially because he saw another man flirting with me and he thought this was his way of establishing dominance, in a non-existent relationship. 

And when the night slowly concluded, it left me, Neymar, Cris, and Bianca. 

Well, more like me and Ney. 

I sit down in a chair, take off my heels, and let out a deep sigh of relief. "Y/N," Neymar stands in front of me, "I love you, I'd do anything for you. Anything you want in life is yours. I'd buy you the entire world, you are my world," he starts. 

Neymar gets down on one knee, "No you're not," I shake my head. "Just let me talk," he tells me. "No, I won't let you ruin Bi and Cris' moment," I stand up. 

"Y/N, one more chance. Fully committed this time. Both of us. Please, will you marry me?" he looks up at me. 

I look around and see Bianca and Cris smiling from behind the column.

"I..." I hesitate.

˚⁺