𝐝𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐫

*˚⁺‧͙

*˚⁺‧͙

I SAT COURTSIDE WITH ANA AS WE WATCHED MELO'S GAME. "First game in a while?" she asks as she sees me shift for the millionth time, "Yeah, it doesn't make it any better that we're playing Devin," I cover my mouth so cameras don't catch it. 

"It'll be alright, you got me," she rubs my leg as she smiles. 

Devin was playing extremely well, I couldn't keep my eyes off him, and well, I caught his eyes multiple times. He sent me winks or little hand signals that weren't too obvious.

The Suns were beating the Hornets senseless, at this point I didn't even know who to cheer for because I was conflicted. But to make Devin mad, I continued to cheer for the Hornets. 

When Kelly was dribbling up the court, I stood up cheering loudly as he had a perfect layup. Kelly ran my way, sending me a wink and pointing at me. I was wearing his jersey after all. 

Devin's jaw was clenched and his eyes squinted toward me, I laughed with Ana as I sat down. "Girl, we need to get you with Kelly. He wants you so bad," she tells me. "He's f i n e, " I spell out for her. "Go for it! You need it," she winks. 

The game ended and somehow Hornets pulled through. This meant time to celebrate and make him a bit jealous. 

Ana and I walked over to Melo and Kelly after their interview, "Congratulations," I hug him, "Thanks ma, you were my good luck charm," he winks. "How so?" I ask as I stare up at him, "What name is on the back of your jersey?" he smiles at me. 

I throw my head back as I internally laugh, "You're right," 

"Come on," he wraps his arm around me as we walk to the tunnel. People around us screamed and took pictures of us which would most definitely end up on Shade Room. 

"Wait for me here," Kelly winks as he walks into the locker room. 

Ana and I wait outside, going through pictures to post on Instagram. "Y/N," I hear his voice. 

I turn around and am faced with my ex-boyfriend. "Devin," I nod before I turn, "Not so fast, come with me," he grabs my hand. "Whoa, you can't take me hostage," I laugh. "Stop playing," he tells me as we continue to walk. 

He pulls me into a small nook of the hallway, "So, I see you've moved on," he looks me up and down, "What makes you think that?" I cross my arms, "Kelly," he states. 

I let out an ugly laugh as he looks at me puzzled, "Yeah, that's not a thing," I shake my head, "But-" "Listen to me, I wouldn't date another baller, not after you," I look him up and down. "I wasn't bad," he defends. "I never said that, but I wouldn't go through it again," I clarify. 

"Go through it again with me then, not anyone else," he grabs my hand, "Dev," I pull away slowly. "Come on, Y/N. One more chance," he begs. 

"Fine," I shake my head. 

"Great," he pulls the jersey off my body, "Devin what are you doing!?" I scold him as he slides another jersey over my body. "That's more like it ma," he smiles. "What the fuck was that?" I roll my eyes. 

We walk out and back toward everyone, "You ready-" they look at me. "Good game and all, but she don't need this," Devin tosses the jersey to Kelly.

Ana cackles as she watches the interaction, "Babe," Melo nudges her. 

"Alright, all good bro," Kelly daps Devin up. 

I watch as they walk away, "You basketball players are weird as hell," I mumble. 

*˚⁺‧͙

*˚⁺‧͙