𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐨

˚⁺

I FEEL AROUND THE BED AS I TURN TO MY SIDE, empty.

I sit up, furrowing my eyebrows. Where could Eder have gone?

I slide out of bed, my feet touch the cold marble floor of our bedroom. I slide my slippers on before walking downstairs. 

Brazilian music played quietly through the speakers and Eder was softly dancing in the kitchen. The smell of breakfast penetrated my nose, "Bom dia," I mumble as I sneak around him. "Bom dia meus amores," Eder smiles. 

He leans down, kissing my stomach. "Have they moved at all yet?" he looks up at me, "No. I'm still waiting, maybe he'll come through tonight," I smile. "He?" he questions, "I don't know, mamãe's instinct," I shrug. 

"You're going to look so beautiful," Eder stands up. "I want these pictures to be perfect," I wrap my arms around his neck. "They will be as long as you're in them," he kisses my forehead. 

"What do you think it is?" I sit down at the counter, "A girl. I just have a feeling," he shrugs. I nod my head as I drink out of my tea. "Half and half," I tell him. "One of us is right so," he laughs. 

I put on a beautiful white two-piece outfit. My hair was styled to my preference as well as my makeup. "Você é tão linda," Eder comes from behind. "Thank you, baby," I look at him through the mirror.

He kisses the back of my head, "Alright, let's go find out what our baby is," he smiles. 

I stand up, take his hand, and walk out to our beautiful backyard. The photographer was there, and we decided we would have a private gender reveal along with my maternity shoot. 

The cake sat on the table, "Moment of truth," I smile. 

"Bom dia!" the photographer smiles, "Thank you for coming," I waddle over to her. "You look beautiful Y/N," she smiles. "Thank you," I nod. 

"First, let's start with just you two. I'd love to see you guys stand under the gazebo," she directs us. 

We walk over there, and Eder stands behind me. I unbuttoned a few more buttons on his shirt, his chest tattoos were exposed more. "Back against his chest Y/N," she points. 

Eder's hands wrap around my waist, and he placed his hands softly on my stomach. I adjust my tube top, pulling it up a bit, showing my bare stomach more. 

Eder leans down, kissing my shoulder as he pushes my hair out of the way. "I love you, I'm so glad that a piece of me gets to be shared with you," he mumbles against my skin. 

A giant smile flashed over my face, and tears started filling my eyes. Pregnancy hormones took the best of me.

"That's perfect!" the photographer hypes as she snaps photos. I turn around and face him, wrapping my arms around him. "I love you," I mumble to him. 

He connects our lips delicately, I smile into the kiss as his hands plant on my waist. "You look too good, I can't help myself," I whisper against his lips. "Oh stop it," he laughs. "I'm serious," I look him in the eyes. 

"You better stop," he laughs. "Or else what?" I smirk a bit, "Y/N," he starts. "Okay, okay," I let go of him.

"Are you ready to find out?" she looks at us. "Yes," I clap my hands together. 

I walk over to the table quickly, and Eder stands behind me. His hand rests on my lower back as I grab the knife. "I can't wait," I thrill as I look up at my husband. "Here we go," his hand holds mine. 

We cut through the cake on each side, pulling the piece out. "Vamos!" Eder cheers as the inside reveals a pastel pink. "Minha menina!" he pulls me into him. "Nossa menina," I correct him. 

I boop his nose with the frosting that was on my finger, "I can't believe that I was right," he cheers. "I thought that I had got it," I shake my head. 

As Eder lowers himself to my exposed belly. He kisses it, "Oi minha menina, papai te ama muito," he mumbles against my stomach. 

I hold his head as tears fall from my face, "Baby, stop," Eder laughs. "I'm not doing anything," I shrug. "That wasn't you?" he looks up at me.

I shake my head as I puff my lips out. "She's moving," his eyes fill with tears. "This is too overwhelming," he laughs a bit as he stands up. 

I wipe his nose off before kissing his lips. "I'm so happy," he leans his head on mine. "Carina," I say out loud. "Hmm?" he furrows his eyebrows. "Carina Noêmia Militão," he completes the name. 

"Que linda," I caress his cheek. "Now, let's finish this shoot," he kisses me once more. 

˚⁺