𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐜

*˚

WHEN YOU'RE IN A PRIVATE RELATIONSHIP FOR ALMOST NINE MONTHS, you begin to forget about it. Well, at least that was my case. 

I sat in Charles' bedroom, he was supposed to get home from his practice. Our dog, Henri, was in my lap as I watched a show. 

The door creaked open and Charles walks through, his hair was messy, but the casual clothes made him look more attractive. I adjust my posture as I sit in bed, "Hi love," I break the silence, "Hi," he mumbles as he closes the door. 

"How was practice?" my eyes follow him as he walks into the closet, "Good, just exhausted. I'm going to take a quick shower," he yawns.

After what he calls a quick shower, Charles slides into bed, laying his damp head on my chest. "What's wrong?" I gently tickle his bare back, "Well, I was thinking," he starts. "Do you want to go to Wimbledon with me?" he looks up at me. 

"Wait are you serious?" I laugh a bit, "Yeah. I want you to go with me, I've been thinking about it for a while. Please tell me you'll go," he softly says. 

My heart beats a bit faster, "I'd love to," my fingers brush through the hair on the back of his head. "Really?" he smiles. "Absolutely, thank you for asking me," I lean down and kiss his forehead. 

"So when is it?" I ask, "Tomorrow," he smiles. "You better hope I have something to wear because I have a feeling we are not going shopping," I laugh. "We can if you want," he yawns. "No, it's alright. I'll take a look at what I have," I continue to tickle his back. 

When I woke up the next morning, I slid out of bed to search through my closet. I decided on a cream-colored dress with matching heels and a matching Prada bag. I laid it out on the counter for myself and then walked back to the bed, Charles sat up on the bed and looked over at me. 

"Find anything in there that you liked?" he jokes, "Yes. I have it laid out, when do we need to get ready?" I ask him, "Well, it starts at twelve, so I was thinking we leave at ten," he tells me. "That's fine, I better start getting ready now then," I walk into the bathroom. 

The rest of the morning went smoothly, Charles was able to find a suit that matched mine. It was cute how much effort he put into it.

We walked through the crowd of people, searching for our seats. They happened to be next to Pierre and Francisca, the anxiety eased over me as I sat next to Fran and Charles was on my other side.

"Are you excited to be here?" she smiles, "Well, sort of. I am just anxious about the press. I don't want it to throw off Charles," I tell her. "Babe, I promise you, he seems perfectly fine. He's happy you're here, he couldn't stop telling Pierre about how he couldn't wait to take you out," she grabs my hand. 

I look back at him as he and his F1 friends stood at the balcony bar, "You think so?" I smile a bit, "Oh I know so. Trust me," she rubs my hand a bit. "Okay," I exhale the giant breath I've been holding all day long. 

"Here love, I brought you back a drink," he hands me. "Mm, what is it?" I ask him, "It's just a sweet tea with some lemon," he sits down next to me. 

"Thank you," I kiss his cheek.

His face turns a bright red as he smiles a bit, "You look so handsome," I adjust his glasses. "Thank you, baby," he puts his hand on my knee. 

I look away from him as I look back at the court, "I've never been to this before," I tell him as I look around. "Are you excited?" he smiles at me, "A little bit. I'm excited to see how it goes. There are so many people here," I laugh. "It's a big event," he laughs at my comments. 

The match begins, Charles stirred in his seat next to me. I grab his hand, grazing over the top of it with my thumb. He squeezes my hand tightly as a signal of love, I look over at him and smile. 

I brush his hair out of his face a bit, "Everything okay?" he whispers to me, "Yeah, just admiring you for a bit," I stare into his eyes. 

He leans forward, kissing my lips. "Admire me all you want,"