𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨 𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐨

˚⁺

I SAT ACROSS FROM CRIS AS WE STARED AT THE MENU, I felt a bit nauseous. I found out two weeks ago that I was pregnant, about a month along. Yet, I didn't know how to tell Cris. 

We already had Junior and the twins, did he even want more? We hadn't talked about it in a while, I couldn't remember. 

"Mm, the dragon roll sounds amazing," Cris looks up, "Yeah," I quietly respond as I feel the nausea run through my body. "Do you want to get that?" he asks. "I think that I'm going to get the seaweed salad and some egg drop soup," I place the menu down. 

"Why? You love sushi," he furrows his eyebrows. Fuck. I swallow harshly, trying to disguise the sweat that was forming on my forehead. "I'm just not feeling it right now," I smile softly as I lightly press my forehead with the napkin. 

"That's alright. What about some Cristal? We are celebrating a big win," he smirks. "Uh, you can do some champagne, I'm going to stick with tea," I tell him. 

He stares at me and presses his lips in a firm line. "Is everything alright?" he reaches for my hand, "Yeah," I lie. "Your hands are clammy, are you sure you're alright?" he asks, "Cris. I'm alright," I tell another lie. 

I felt bad he didn't understand why I was acting like this, but I wanted to do something special for him. I didn't want to tell him in a fusion restaurant that I was pregnant. He deserved a bit more than that.

Throughout the rest of the night, I could tell Cris was pushing his thoughts to the side. I felt bad, I didn't want to ruin dinner, but I could tell it affected him. Meaning tonight was the night to tell him. 

"Do you want to take a walk?" I ask him as we finish dinner, "Sure, the beach down there is beautiful," he smiles.

We walk hand in hand down the steps to the beach, the sound of the crashing waves resembled a lullaby. 

I held my dress and shoes up in one hand as my other held Cris'. 

"This is beautiful," he mutters, "I know," I smile. 

"I have to tell you something," I reveal. "What's up?" he looks over at me as we stop walking.

I take a deep breath, I knew he couldn't be mad about this. He won't be mad about this. "Well, these past few weeks I haven't been feeling good," I sigh. "And I decided to go to the doctor because I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting sick or anything," I continue. 

He looks at me with worry, "I'm pregnant," I blurt out. 

His eyes widen as much as his smile. "Are you serious?"  he laughs a bit. "I'm dead serious," I nod. "Meu Deus," he spins me around. "A baby?! We're having a baby," he puts me back on the ground. 

"Another baby," he puts his hand on my stomach, "I'm so happy," he laughs as tears stream down his face. He finally looks back at me and caresses my face. "Do you know what they are yet? Girl? Boy? I don't even care, oh my gosh," he thrills as he picks me up again. 

"I love how you're extremely happy, but I'm so nauseous. Enough spinning," I barely get out as he puts me back down. "Sorry, I forgot," he laughs a bit. 

"How are we going to tell the kids?" I wrap my arms around his neck, "I don't know. But, Junior is going to be so excited, so is Eva," Cris leans his forehead on mine, "Mateo might cry. He's such a mama's boy," I laugh a bit. "He'll be okay," he stares into my eyes. 

"This is the best news in the world," he lifts me up. "I love you," I grab his face. 

Cris leans forward and kisses me. 

This was forever. 

˚⁺