46

I show up at the school and quickly use my necklace to find Jere. I find him with some of the others in his year that are also dressed as injured soldiers. Claire was sat on his shoulders as some of the other kids try and make her laugh. I smile and walk over. "Hey brave heart." I say as I lift her of Jere's shoulders and set her on the ground after a much needed cuddle. "Hey Momma."

"Hey Jere-bear." He kisses my cheek and ruffles Claire's hair while I attempt to smooth out his outfit. "Hey, is that my shirt? I've been looking for it for weeks" I smile sheepishly and he rolls his eyes in response. Before I can say anything else I get scooped up from behind making me squeal. 

"Peaches!" I relax at the familiar nickname and hug Lexi back once she puts me down "Good to see you sexy-Lexi. How Stefan doing?" 

We walk away from the others while Lexi's boyfriend, Brandon, followed behind with Claire. "Better. He's not doing as well as he says he is but I've bleed him dry and pumped him full of animal blood. He is also drinking at more regular intervals and I've been sneaking drops of human blood in here and there to slowly increase his intake."

She sighs loudly before continuing. "It's going to be a long journey but he'll get there. We've done this before, we can do it again."

"Good. Just be careful. I don't want either of you to get hurt." She smiles at me before putting her arm around my shoulders and pulling me along with her as she skips. "Lets find some food."

"Yay! Food" I laugh at the voice behind be. I swear sometimes she acts as if I don't feed her. Brandon laughs and lifts her onto his shoulders making my daughter squeal happily. We find a food stand and all get a plastic cup filled with cut up fruit before entering the crowd to watch the parade. The miss mystic float goes by and I smile brightly and wave to Care while Claire cheers loudly. The blondes smile brighten at the attention and she stands a little prouder. After she passes we go off to grab some food before walking around with cotton candy to see the rest of the floats.

I knew what was going to happen tonight but since nothing would go wrong and Caroline was happy to be turned I decided that my daughter and I wouldn't be here so we were going on a trip for a little while. I had already collected all of Claire's work so she wouldn't miss out on any work and Lexi had agreed to teach Caroline after she wakes up. I had even filled Jere in on the mother daughter spa get away. With that I pack up the car while Lexi plays with Claire. 

"Brave heart. I have a surprise for you. We are going to go on holiday together. Just me and you. How does that sound?" I ask as I crouch down in front of her. Her eyes light up in excitement and she practically throws herself at me and almost cuts off my airways with her arms around my neck. 

I laugh and hold her tightly before standing with her in my arms. We leave now. Everyone already knows. Our bags are packed and your Uncle Jere picked out all your faviourte snacks for the car ride."

"Yay! ROADTRIP!" I leave Lexi and her boyfriend at mine since they were going to house sit for me while they help Care. 

I put her in the back seat with a fully charged iPad, snacks, pillow and fuzzy blanket. I clamber into the driver seat and start driving. Disney songs starting to play from the speakers. "To the beach!"

I smile as she cheers and we start singing along to the song. The both of us belting the lyrics as loud as possible.

🎶I have often dreamed of a far off place

Where a hero's welcome would be waiting for me

Where the crowds will cheer when they see my face

And a voice keeps saying, "This is where I'm meant to be"

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance

I will find my way if I can be strong

I know every mile will be worth my while

When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong 🎶

Day🧛🦇

Road trip with Claire. Stay safe. Love ya xoxo

Jere-bear 🐻

Anna will wake up in exactly 24 hours. Get her and have some blood bags ready. Stay safe. I love you so much Teddy bear. I'll call you in the morning. xx

A/N

Short chapter but I want to skip ahead in the seasons to get to the good bits 

Livvy xoxo