15

I drive Elena back to Jenna's and get out with her. I hadn't had dinner with the others in a few days and honestly was missing it. Plus Ma and Pa where going away for the week to Hawaii for their anniversary. 

Elena was attempting to help me with dinner as she spoke to Jenna. "He's on the rebound and has raging family issues."

"Well, at least it's an ex-girlfriend. Wait until you date a guy with mommy issues. or cheating issues. or amphetamine issues "

The door opens and Jeremy comes in. "Jeremy." I chuckle when he pulls an 'oh shit' face before trying to escape up the stairs "Jeremy, where were you?" Jeremy stops and Jenna stands next to the stairs looking up at him. I sigh and grab the tub of ice cream from the freezer. I wrap a tea towel around the tub to stop the cold from hurting my hands before grabbing two spoons and a bag of salted chips. 

I walk back out in time to see Jenna throw the apple in her hand at the back of his head "Ow, why? why would you do that?"

"Listen up. Quit ditching class, or you're grounded. No discussion." Jenna was near breaking point. Jere doesn't seem to register this and gives her a dopey smile. "Parental authority. I like it. Sleep tight." He gives her a thumbs up and continues up the stairs. 

"Don't worry Aunt Jenna. I'll talk to him. Just have to wait for the drugs to get out of his system." I go up stairs after him and knock on his door. I had put my bag on his bed when I got her so I put the food on the desk before going through the routine of helping him with eyes drops before getting him to drink a the bottle of water I kept on me. 

"Here." I pass him the ice cream and a spoon I kick of my shoes and climb under the covers, my back against the head rest. I open the chips and put the bag between us. We both scoop small amounts of ice cream onto the chips before eating them. It was a weird combination but it was just like dipping your fries into a shake. 

"Jere, I need you to take Jenna's words from earlier to heart. Can't back the ditching, get your grades up. I'll help if you need it. We don't even have to tell the others. You can surprise them by proving them wrong." I let my magic entwine with my words. It wasn't a full on compulsion. It was more of a persuasion, a nudge in the right direction. He could make the decision himself it would just sound more appealing to him then it would have without.

"I'll think about it okay?"

"Okay" I smile at his dazed expression and knew he wasn't really paying attention to me right now. We go back to eating as I put a movie on to fill the silence between us.

It was was the day of the comet and I had decided to wear something cute since I would be walking around with Bonnie and Elena to hand out flyers. I chose a long sleeved black top, brown skirt and over the knee black heeled boots.

 I chose a long sleeved black top, brown skirt and over the knee black heeled boots

"Hi! Night of the comet. Would you like a program?" I ask a small group with a smile and hand them each a program. When I'm done with the programs I wave goodbye to Bon "I've got to help out at the face painting booth.  I'll catch up with you guys later."