21

We arrive at the Lockwood's and Claire and I go straight to Bonnie who was waiting for us. "You look great Bon bon."

"Thanks so do the both of you. Love the head band Claire" the young girl blushes and I turn to Bonnie. "I have to go to the bathroom real quick. Mind watching Claire?"

"Course not" I kiss Claire's cheek before walking away I pass Damon on the way. "Hi Dammy. Nice suit. Is it Stefan's?" I give him a teasing smirk before stealing his drink. I down it and he takes the glass off of me. "Aren't you a little young to be drinking?"

"What's the fun in following the rules? Save me a dance." I leave him ad go upstairs. I look around to make sure no one was watching before looking for the Crystal. I find it and tuck it into my bag before leaving.  

I go back down with a fresh coat of lip-gloss and find Bonnie and Claire by the food. A fond smile settles on my face as I walk over to them. "Having fun without me?" I fake pout and Bonnie looks at me with a serious expression. "Yes." It takes all of two seconds before she breaks down laughing.

After eating I take Bonnie and Claire's hands and spin all of us in a circle making Claire giggle and Bonnie smile. We spend time dancing and eating. "See isn't this so much more fun then having to bring a date?" 

"Honestly I can't imagine when I've had this much fun at one of these things. Usually that dates I bring try to impress me with the history of it all and I feel like falling asleep there and then." I laugh at that and we sit down on a bench as we watch Claire dance around trying to chase the white butterfly around. I used magic to create it for her without Bonnie seeing. 

"Be honest with me. If I adopted her. Would you support me?" I ask as we sip our champagne flutes.

"Your really thinking of adopting her?"

"Yeah, I mean I feel like its meant to be. It sound stupid I know. but we've bonded so quickly in such a short amount of time and I've caught her calling me mom in her sleep. I can't even begin to explain how amazing that felt to hear her say that." I feel a tear fall down my cheek and I wipe it away, silently cursing myself for becoming emotional again.

"If your really serious about it then of course I'll support you. I mean she's an amazing girl and you've practically raised me in the two years that I've known you. You've been more of a mother to me in that time then my own mom has in my whole life." Bonnie's voice breaks slightly and I pull her in for a hug, knowing how sensitive the topic about her Mom can be. "I love you Bon Bon."

"Love you too Addie. Thank you for always being there for me." I smile and wipe away her tears, laughing when she does the same to me. "Don't tell anyone about this yet. I still need to talk to my parents when they get back and settle a few things with Liz."

"Of course. You're secrets safe with me." I kiss the side of her head before kicking off my heels and leaving my glass and bag on the floor next to them. I run over to Claire with a giggle and join her in dancing. The both of us twirling around. I honestly felt like a fairy right now with how connected I felt to nature at the moment. Soon enough Bonbon joins us.

I see passer-by's smile at us, some give us judgemental looks but we completely ignore them as we continue dancing. When our feet started hurting and we were running out of breath we decide to go back inside for more food and to find a place to sit. 

I see Damon and Caroline go upstairs. "I'll be back in a sec." I leave the two of them with the pint of ice cream and try of chocolate covered strawberries that I snuck from the kitchen and brought back to the alcove we had found. I bring my bag with me but leave my heels where they are. 

"Hi care-bear. Mind if I have a word with Dammy? Promise to give him back" I say when I walk in the room and find Damon going through an empty box. "Sure, I need to use the girls room anyway." 

"Thanks doll." She leave and I turn to the frustrated Salvatore and kick the door closed. I smirk and hold up the necklace. "Looking for something." He tries to attack me but I give him a migraine. "Okay stop" He forces out as he clutches his head in pain. I stop the spell and he stands back up.

"I'll give this to you, but you owe me"

"What do you want?" I smirk at his question and walk around him holding the necklace tauntingly. "Not sure yet. How about a favour. I get to cash is in whenever I want and you can't say no"

He thinks over it for a moment before nodding "Deal. but what could you possibly want from me?"

I throw the necklace to him and he catches it. "Well you never know when you'll need a favour from a vampire. Have a nice night." I turn around and open the door before stopping and speaking over my shoulder. "Oh, one last thing. Don't tell anyone about this"  I 'compel' him before leaving. 

I re-join the girls down stairs and take the last Strawberry that they where doing rock-paper-scissors for. I take a bite and get a "Hey!" from both of them making me smile. "Oh, sorry. Did you guys want it?"

They both roll their eyes before going back to the ice cream, pretending to be mad at me. I knew they weren't really since they were having too much fun to stay sad. 

When we finally decided to go home and Claire was about to fall asleep on her feet Bonnie says goodbye to us before driving home. "Come on little one. Once last thing to do before we leave." I put my shoes back on and guide her to the kitchen. Since I had been here before I take a Tupperware box from the cupboard and put a thick slice of cake into it as wall as more chocolate covered strawberries. I hear and noise and turn around to see Claire taking a container as well. I laugh she I see her tip the last of the strawberries into it. 

"Okay, now we can go." I smile down at her and quickly guide her back out. When we get outside I see Damon 'feeding' off Caroline. I mutter a spell with Claire to make it seem like he had ingested vervain right before Stefan injects him and speeds off. Claire and I run over to the blonde and I kneel on the ground next to her.

I pull her into my arms "It's okay. I've got you. I'm here. Lets get you home." I help her up and over to my car, Claire follows after with the boxes. 

"Sweetie get in the back with Carrie, she's going to need some hugs right now."

"Okay" She does as I say and gets in while I help Caroline in. I get in and drive us back to mine. Claire practically sits in Caroline's lap and plays with the blonde hair while Caroline hug her tight murmuring "I'm okay" over and over again. I knew Damon didn't actually feed of her since I compelled him but some of her compulsion was wearing off and she was going into a bit of shock.