42

There was storm last night so I spent the morning cleaning up the garden and checking that none of the windows were damaged. I had called my mom earlier to make sure that Claire slept okay and other then an initial scare she slept soundly between her grandparents.

A few hours later Mom text me saying that Claire wanted to do a baking day with her so I had the day to myself. I didn't have an exams coming up which meant no studying. With music blaring in the background I had managed to clean the entire house and reorganize my Apothecary since it had become a bit of a mess from Claire learning about herbs and crystals. 

I was currently dancing around the living room with a glass of wine when I hear a faint buzzing between songs. Frowning I stop and pause the music. Looking around I find my phone in the kitchen and quickly answer.

"Hey Damey. What's up?" I ask as I down the last of my glass and go to pour another. 

"Nothing much, other than the fact that I cant find Stefan anywhere and no one has seen him." Damon says casually. I groan and put the cold bottle back in the fridge. 

"Give me 10 minutes. I'll get changed and do a spell. I'll text you were to go." 

"I don't want you to come with me. You could get and you have a daughter to think about. Just give me the info and I wall call if I absolutely need you."

I agree and he hangs up. I sigh and run upstairs to get changed just incase he called. I put on a pair of black jeans and a random oversized hoodie and matching converse. 

Going back down stairs I pull my long hair up into a massy bun as I try not to slip on the steps. I pull out a map of Mystic falls and the surrounding area along with a vial of Damon's blood from the Apothecary. I lay out the map, weighing the ends down with crystals before I pour a small amount of the blood onto the center. 

Chanting the smell under my breath I watch as the blood moves and winds along the map before it pools on a location surrounded by forest. I take a picture to send it to Damon. It must have been the farm house that Pearl was talking about. 

It was at this moment that I remember Harper. I hold off on pressing send and quickly get into my car. Even though I wanted to save Harper I knew I had to leave saving Stephan to Damon since I didn't want to change too much of the plot. 

I park my car a fair distance away and use my magic to make everyone in the building pass out. It was a bigger spell so I give myself a moment to recollect myself before making my way to the front door.

"Harper?" I call about before facepalming. "Like an unconscious vampire is going to answer you." I reprimand myself under my breath before shaking my head. I really should stop taking out loud to myself. 

I walk around the whole house, occasionally stepping over a vampire as I look around for Harper. I finally find him in the basement along with Stefan. I wince when I see the condition he was in. "Sorry Hero hair. Your brother should be here soon." I tell him as I fix his hair and place a kiss on his forehead. As a last minute decision I mutter a spell to help numb the pain a bit. 

"Lets go Harp." I say with a groan as I pick him up from the ground and, after a lot of effort, I manage to lift him onto my shoulders. I carry him outside and grunt as I half throw him into the back of my car.  

The spell would wear off in about 20 minutes so I had to get out of here now. Luckily the harsh rain would cover my car tracks and dilute my scent. 

I crank up the heat in my car to fight off the chill. After my hands stop shaking I text Damon the address. I would use my magic to dry myself off but I wasn't sure if I would need it later, and if I did I would need to be as strong as possible. 

After all I didn't know exactly how old all of those vampires were. 

I drive home quickly and invite Harper in. I lay him on the couch before kicking off my shoes and placing them by the door. I turn on the heater with a snap of my fingers and grab a bag of blood from the freezer. 

My phone goes off and I pull it out of my pocket to find a reply from Damon. He had managed to enlist Alaric's help and Elena was tagging along.  remind him to text me if he needs me and put my phone back away. 

I poor the blood into a glass and set it on the coffee table for Harper when he wakes up before going upstairs to get changed out of my wet clothes. I wanted to change into something cozy but if Damon needed me later it would be better if I was ready to go. Keeping that in mind I dressed in a simple pair of jeans and an oversized hoodie. 

I go back down stairs and wait for Harper to wake up. I doesn't take long and I give him a soothing smile, he relaxes almost instantly and I point to the blood. "That's for you. Drink up, your going to need to heal from the  vervain they gave you." I say and he gingerly picks up the glass before taking a sip. When he's sure I didn't go anything to it he drinks greedily and places the glass back down.

"I haven't introduced myself. I'm Harper." 

"It's very nice to meet you Harper, I'm Aadya. This is also for you" I hold out the daylight ring I had made for him. It was a polished gold signet ring with a rectangle lapis stone smoothed into it. He looks at me in surprise so I briefly explain that I am a witch and 'saw' he's death, not wanting the to happen I had saved him and now I was giving him everything he needed to leave Mystic Falls and start a life of his own. I even gave him my knowledge about how the human world worked. 

He ended up hugging me tightly before wishing me well and promise to stay in touch. I didn't know what Harper still being here would do for the plot line but hopefully it wouldn't change too much since he wouldn't actually be in Mystic.

A/N 

I do apologize for the slow updates. I don't have any other excuse other then I haven't felt like writing. Hopefully that feeling goes away soon and I can get to finishing this book.

Always and forever, 

Livvy xoxo

Harpers ring

Harpers ring