9

The funeral had been a month ago and Jeremy had started smoking a week after. I arrive at his just in time to hear Elena shouting at him once more. Jenna was on campus for an exam, but she would be back tomorrow so she wouldn't have to drive at night. Aunt Jenna had given me a key so I wouldn't have to keep knocking on the door. Something Elena wasn't too happy about but she didn't voice it. 

I walk up the stairs with a sigh when I see Jere's eyes were red and slightly glossed over. Elena saw me and pointed at me "Why aren't you stopping him? Don't you care at all?" 

"Of course I care! But I know this is his way of coping. He will stop when he's ready and as long as he doesn't do anything worse then I'm not going to get involved." I shout back matching her tone before I take Jere's hand and pull him into his room. I sit him down on his bed and take the eye drops from my bag. I tilt his head back and put a drop in each eye. I then give him a bottle of water. "Drink the whole thing" He does so, only taking a few breathe in between since he always got thirsty when he was high. Which lead him to drink alcohol sometimes since the others he got high with always had a flask on them. 

When he's done I throw the bottle in the waste basket and wipe the drops of water off his chin with my sleeve. "Here." I took the box of Twinkies I had brought out of my bag and he takes them happily. "Your the best."

"Of course I am, I'm amazing. Promise me something?"

"What?"

"Promise me that this really is temporary and that your only doing pot, nothing else. I don't want to loose you too" He sobers up a little at my words and pulls me into a side hug "I promise. I just don't want to deal with the pain all at once. I promise. I'll stop before Christmas."

"Okay, That's good enough for me. Now, what do you want for dinner? I'm cooking." I ask as I brush the hair away form his face. "Cold tacos." I roll my eyes at his answer but nod anyway. I did a shop for them the other day so I knew I would have everything to make them. "Want me to call you down when they are done or bring them up."

He taps his chin as he thinks and I can't help but smile at his adorable behaviour. "Up." I ruffle his hair leaving him to look at the fluffy strands that now fell over his eyes curiously, like he wasn't sure what they were. He really was high if he forgot what hair was. I chuckle and walk into Elena's room. "I know you don't like me, but do you want taco's for dinner or are you going to the grill with the girls?"

"Grill." She reply's shortly and I walk out, middle finger raised to her as I do. I spend the next 40 minutes on the kitchen. I put the left overs in the fridge since Jere would most likely each them later on. I used my magic to make his cold since that was what he wanted before taking the two plates upstairs, two bottles of water under my arm as I do. I made my self a taco salad version with tofu instead of meat and a crushed taco shell sprinkled over the top. 

I text Jenna with an update to let her know that both her niece and nephew were eating, since I knew she was worried about them lately. I hand Jeremy his bowl and bottle. I set mine down on his desk and put the Twinkie wrappers in the bin before picking up the clothes on the floor and putting them in his laundry basket for him. "You don't have to do that."

"Yes I do because I know you won't. And before you say anything I'm not talking about the drugs, I'm taking about the fact that your a teenage boy who hates doing his room even if I have asked 5 times already." I smirk knowing that I was right and he give me a sheepish smile before going back to eating. I eat as his desk as I had my laptop out and was looking back through the stock market. Jere moves to sit on the bed behind me and look at the screen. "What are you doing?"

"I'm working."

"I can see that. But what is it?"

"It's the stock market. I'm an investor. Honestly anyone could."

"Can I?" I look over my shoulder to see that he had his head tilted to the side looking like a lost puppy. "Sure. Here let me make you an account and then copy my stocks." he gives me a confused look "It means whenever I buy into a company you will as well. So what I make, you make."  

I quickly make him an account, link his card and find my profile before hitting copy. I turn the screen so he can look at it better and show him how much he made already. "Wait, so in the space of a minute I made $50?"

"Yep, When the value of a company rises so does the amount. Since I know the stock market and how it runs the only button I want you to touch is the withdraw button. It will go into your bank account. You should still get a part time job though so you can have the experience."

"Is that what you do at the gym?" I nod, when the trainer saw how good I was he asked me to train others and I got paid for it as well. "So how much have you made being an investor." I smirk and sign out of his account before signing back into my own. When he sees the figure he chokes. "What? Does that say what I think it does?"  

"Yup" I pop the 'p' slightly as I sit back, highly amused by his reaction. I notice something in the corner of the screen and click on it. One of the companies dropped two points. I withdraw from the company just in time as it flashes red, signalling that it had gone bankrupt, my balance dropped $300 but it wasn't as big of a loss of what it could have been. "What was that?"

I explain what it meant and he nods "Jere, do me a favour, Don't tell anyone about this? I don't want people knowing how much money I make. Okay?"

He looks me in the eyes and holds his pinkie out making me smile. I hook my pinkie around his as we both say "I promise" Before kissing the pads of our thumbs and touching them together, sealing the promise. 

"Right, Nails time" I grab the black polish and hold it up. Jere had me paint his nails black a few weeks ago as a joke but he ended up liking it. He smiles and holds his hands out. By the end of the night his are black while mine are a pale blue.