24

Vickie comes down and catches her reflection in the mirror. I watch as she examines her neck. "What did you give me?"

"Some blood. You loved it." Damon says in a monotone voice. "You did? Wait, I'm confused. How did we get here?" Vickie says as she moves closer to Damon. The blue eyed vampire leans down slightly and compels her "We met in the woods. You were drunk. I attacked you then I killed all your friends, brought you here. Gave you blood. You loved it. And now we're gonna party till the sun goes down"

"Okay. But first, can I have another hit? That blood was so good." I roll my eyes a little at her dazed look. Vickie was one of the ones I wasn't sure I was going to save. I knew it would hurt Jeremy to lose her but as a vampire it was possible Vickie would have to potential to be a ripper. As a drug addict the need to get high, in this case off blood, would be too strong for her to turn to a bunny diet like Stefan. I wave to Damon and leave as he waved back by wiggling his fingers. Then again, she may just suprise me.

I do back to my new house and take the box from the trunk that I had put there earlier and bring it inside. I walk into the kitchen and pull the bookshelf foreword, opening it like a door. The book shelf was just filled with cook books on the bottom two shelves and decorative plates on the top three, with glass doors over them. 

Behind it was a small room, about the size of a pantry and was filled with multiple different Grimoires, crystals, herbs and a few daggers. There were even a few weapons that could be used towards vampires and werewolves. The shelf could only be moved by those who had certain magical signatures so I didn't have to worry about anyone else finding it. 

I restock a few herbs that I had been running low on and put the candles I had brought on there own shelf. I look over the crystal necklaces that I had hanging on the wall before finding one I liked. I was a simple black leather cord with a few black and silver beads on each side of the crystal. The crystal itself was clear and had a black holding at the top. I close my eyes and mutter a spell I had created under my breath as I push my magic out and into the crystal. I open my eyes and watch as the crystal becomes filled with a black and purple mist. The mist solidified in place leaving swirls of colour and I smile at the new look. I put the necklace into a sleek black box and seal it shut with my magic for a later date. 

I spend the day just having some alone time and just enjoy the silence for a little while, with music playing softly in the background and a glass of wine in hand

I spend the day just having some alone time and just enjoy the silence for a little while, with music playing softly in the background and a glass of wine in hand. It lasted for a good 3 hours before Jeremy texted me about Vickie being completely out of it. I sigh and down the rest of my glass and replace the topper onto the decanter bottle and add it back to the drinks tray on the table behind the couch.

I leave my glass on the coffee table and grab my keys. I drive over to Jeremy's and go inside. "Hey, Help. I don't know what's going on. She might be tripping out or something."

"Okay, I'll deal with her. Call Elena." I squeeze his hand in comfort and he nods before going upstairs to get his phone. I stop Vickie from raiding the fridge anymore and use a spell to calm her. "Vickie, you need to listen to me. Your in transition to become a vampire. You need to feed off of human blood if you want to live. If you don't then you will die. Do you understand?"

"What? Vampires? Your crazy" I sigh and place my hands on each side of her head and speed up her memories. Since she was in transition the compulsion was already in the process of breakdown, I was simply speeding up the process. She gasps and steps back "It's true. Oh My God." I let go of her but get her to make eye contact. "You need to make a choice but you can't tell Jeremy just yet. You need to keep it a secret."  

She nods and starts to calm down a little. I give her a bottle of water. She says a small 'thanks' before downing the whole bottle. Jeremy finally comes down and relaxes a little when he sees her calmer state. He walks over and kisses the side of my head "Elena and Stefan are on there way. Thanks for helping Sis. I'm sorry we haven't really hung out recently."

I smile up at him and give him a side hug. "It's okay Jere-bear. I've been dealing with Claire anyway and your allowed to have other friends." 

Matt comes in and finds Vickie sat on the floor surrounded by food. "What did she take?"

"I have no idea" Jere tells him as Matt kneels down next to her. I take out my phone as he talks to his sister and text Sheila. 

Can Claire stay the night? There's a new vampire in Mystic. I have to deal with this.

She replies back not long after.

Of course she can. I already have some spare clothes here for her. I'll get her to call you tonight before she goes to bed.

Thank you. Don't let her use any Lavender soap. It irritates her skin

She text back with a simple okay and I put my phone back in my pocket as Stefan tells Jeremy and Matt to take Vickie upstairs.

"You know what's wrong with her?" Elena asks Stefan as the boys take her upstairs. "Yes, she's transitioning"

"Transitioning into what?" I roll my eyes at her stupid question before answering for him. "Into a unicorn." I say with heavy sarcasm before hitting the back of her head. "Into a vampire stupid. What else?"

"Wait.. you knew? Why didn't you tell me?" Elena demands and I push her back from me since she had gotten closer. "One. Not my story to tell. Two. Don't think you can demand thing from me"

I turn around and walk out. I wouldn't have to deal with Vickie until tomorrow morning since she would feed tonight. "Jere, I'm leaving. I'll talk to you tomorrow!" I yell over my shoulder as I walk out so he can hear me.

I go back to my parents and go straight upstairs. I take the blue jewellery box from my draw and go through it. The whole box was filled with different Lapis Lazuli jewellery that I had spelled, ready to be used. I find a simple bracelet and put it in my bag for tomorrow.

 I find a simple bracelet and put it in my bag for tomorrow

It was going to be a busy day

It was going to be a busy day. Dealing with a baby vamp and my parents were coming home. I go to bed early