28

For the party I switch out my trainers for a pair of heals, add a leather jacket and a pair of hooped earrings and I was ready to go. Claire wanted to come as well since she wanted to bring a cupcake to Stefan. The small blonde had changed into a matching outfit to my all black one and I smiled as I took her hand in mind and guided her into the Grill. We find Lexi and Stefan and Claire runs over and holds the box up to him. "Happy birthday Stefano" The three of us laugh at her attempt at an Italian accent. "Why thank you little one." Stefan takes the box and laugh when he opens it. The top of the cupcake had a Zimmer walking frame piped on. He takes a bite and praises her skill while I turn to Lexi. 

"You look great Lexi-baby. May I introduce you to my daughter Claire. Claire this is Lexi." She smiles brightly and waves up at the blonde vampire. "She's a witch" I whisper to Lexi so she knows she doesn't have to worry about saying the wrong things in front of her. Lexi kneels down in front of Claire. "It's very nice to meet you Claire. Your very pretty."

"Thank you. Your prettier." And just like that the two of them hit it off. 

We stay and talk the the two for a little before Claire get hungry. "I'm gong to take her to get food. Do me a favour and stay inside and away from anyone in a uniform." I tell them both before lifting Claire onto my hip so I wouldn't loose her. 

I take her to the bar and order a basket of curly fries and a slice of pizza for her. "Thank you Momma." I steal a few of her curly fries and dip them in the BBQ sauce she picked. "Your welcome baby."

Damon comes over and orders himself a drink . I was sat on the stool next to him while Claire in my lap. "Hey Dammy."

"Little bird. Didn't think you would be here" 

"Why wouldn't I be? This was my plan." He raises his drink to me with a smirk "Touché" I give an innocent smile and steal his drink. I give it back once half of it is gone and he gives me an offended look.

Caroline skips over "Enjoying the party"

"Yeah!" I smile at Claire's excitement and pull Caroline into a side hug. "Great party Care-bear."

She smiles and thanks me before going off. Damon disappears as well. Once Claire has finished eating we re-join Stefan and Lexi at the pool table. "She kicking your ass already Stefanie?" I say with a smirk and Lexi throws her arm over my shoulder. I see Damon in the corner of my eye and he nods letting me know he did the first part of the plan. Step 1, was to kill some random person that none of us would miss and leave a witness. That witness would then be compelled to give the description of the man I had turned, Damon and I both named him Marco. 

I play a few rounds of pool with them while Lexi teaches Claire how to play on a separate table. Marco walks in and walks around. Liz comes in shortly after and I watch as she injects him with Vervain. "Come on, out back." I take them and Claire outback Elena follows while Damon goes out front to help Liz. Claire and I mutter a spell under our breath and hide all 5 of us from view.

Marco makes a move to attack Liz but Damon appears in time and drives a steak through Marco's heart. "Come on, we need to go." I take Lexi's hand in mine and pull her and Claire over to my car while Stefan drive Elena's. We get back to the Salvatore boarding house and I taking the sleeping up stairs to a spare room. I kiss her forehead and tuck her in. "Night Princess."

I go back down stairs and Lexi hugs me tightly. "Thank you so much. He was going to use me. You saved me" I smile and hug her just as tightly. "Your welcome Lexi-baby"

Stefan joins the hug and I giggle as he lifts the both of us of the ground and sways us side to side. When he lets us go he pours all three of us a drink. He had dropped Elena off at her home so she wasn't here to deal with this. 

When Damon gets back Lexi speed over to him and slaps him, hard. "That was even contemplating using me." Stefan and I chuckle as her serious expression turns cheerful within a few seconds and she skips back over to us. 

"Right I hate to cut this short but I really need to get Claire home so my parents don't freak out."

"Bye Peaches. I'll see you around." I smile at the nickname and wave to them and go back upstairs. I carefully lift Claire into my arms and shush her gently when she starts to stir. She clings to me in her sleep so I let her curl up in my lap as I drive us back. Humming a lullaby under my breath as I do.

I carefully climb back out of the car when I pull up and lock the door behind me. Pa must have seen me drive up since he opens the door for me and kisses my head as I walk past. He does the same to Claire. "Night Papa, Love you"

"Love you too my little flower petal." I kiss his cheek good night and carefully walk up the stairs since I didn't want to slip in my heels.

I change her into her PJ's careful not to wake her before tucking her into my bed and getting showered and dressed myself. I had school tomorrow and it was going to be the first day for Alaric Saltzman.