5

I get to the Gilbert residence and knock on the door just loud enough to be heard but not be impolite. A few moments pass and the door opens revealing Miranda.

"Hello Mrs Gilbert. Jeremy invited me over. I hope that's okay"

"Oh, it's fine dear. He's just upstairs, first door on the right. I'll bring snacks up in about an hour. Do you have any allergies?" I was touched at the question since most people wouldn't ask.

"I'm vegetarian." I tell her as I take my shoes off at the door. She nods and walks away while I go upstairs. Instead of knocking I walk right in and jump on his bed. Jere was sitting at his desk drawing and simply laughs at my actions.

"You okay Jere-bear?" I ask when I finally sit up against his head board. He had finished his drawing and was currently putting COD into the console. He throws a controller to me and I catch it. "Yeah, what's with the nickname?"

"Dunno, I thought it was cute" I say with a shrug and I put one of his pillows behind my back

"Well that means I get to give you one. How about ..... Addie?" I smile at the similarities it held with my niece's name from my old life and nod. "Sure, why not."

I spend the next hour completely nailing his ass at the game, only letting him win after he looked as if he was about to explode. This lead to me nudging his side playfully to help cheer him up, which then lead to him hitting me with a pillow. Bringing us to where we are now. Standing on his bed in the middle of a pillow fight, feathers strewn about, when his mother walks in.

We both froze as she looked around at the mess and then to us, who still had the pillows raised in the air poised to hit one another. Jere and I both drop the pillows and point to one another "she/he started it" we claimed at the same time. Probably looking like two kids who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. Miranda simply laughs before putting the tray on his desk and walking out with a shake of her head. Obviously not wanting to deal with this right now.

Jere and I laugh as well and we decided to push each other at the same time and both fell off the bed on opposite sides with a thud. "Do I want to know!" Miranda shouts up from down stairs. I giggle before shouting back "Probably not!"

When we finally manage to calm down we were both sat on his bed eating the pasta and red sauce that his mom made for us. She had added chicken to Jere's and left mine plan. When he questioned why I had to explain my diet. "Maybe I should try it some time." I smile at that. When we talked about my diet Jere had mentioned that the only meal he could remember having that didn't have meat in it was dessert. "Maybe you can do one week a month. I can help with meal planning, or you can just eat at mine. My parents do that with me and it's really helped my dad cholesterol levels."

"Sure, why not." We eat the rest of our food and decided to watching Rush hour together. Which lead to a small movie marathon and by the time we were done we were both yawning and it was dark out. "Mind if I stay the night?"

"No, take anything you want out of the draws." He was laying face down half asleep, already dressed in a tank top and sweats. Since Jere was actually smaller then me, Being two years younger I knock on Elena's door instead. "Hey, Do you mind if I borrow some pyjama bottoms?"

"Um, Okay, sure." She gets up and I wave to the two girls who were their, recognising them as Caroline and Bonnie. "Hi, I'm Aadya."

"Bonnie"

"Caroline, Your really pretty." I blush and smile at the blonde. "Thanks, you too."

"Here you go" I turn to look at Elena as she walks over to me with a pair of sweatpants. "Thanks. Night girls" I wave over my shoulder at them and change in the bathroom. I leave my top on but take my bra and overalls off and leave them on the desk chair in Jere's room before climbing under the blankets. I take my phone with me and send a quick text to my parents letting them know I was staying over. They text back with a 'that's fine, Night baby xx'

I snuggle under the covers and Jere hugs me in his half asleep state. "Night Addie, I'm glad we're friends."

"Me too, Night Jere-bear" 

With that we both fall asleep with a smile on our faces. This was going to be the start of an amazing friendship.

When I wake up I gently push Jeremy off me since he had decided to use my arm as a pillow last night. I put my bra back on under my crop top and check my phone. It was only 7:30 and no one else seemed to be awake. I reply back to my parents good morning texts before going into the bathroom. I couldn't find an unused toothbrush so I just rinsed my mouth out with mouthwash for now, I could brush them when I got home.

I decide to make breakfast for everyone as a thank you for letting me stay the night on such short notice. I may not be the biggest fan of Elena or Greyson but I still had manners. When ever one comes down coffee, was made and there was a stack of pancakes on the table along with scrambled eggs and bacon. "Morning, hope you don't mind." I motioned to the food and Miranda give me a side hug. "Oh, Honey if your going to do this every time you stay over, I might have to get you to move in." I laugh as I hug her back and pour myself some coffee. 

"Thanks Addy" I hit Jere on the back of the head lightly as I walk past when he talks with a mouth full. I fill my plate with pancakes and eggs and everyone else digs in. Since one side of their table was a bench we all managed to squeeze in somewhere. 

"So, Aadya, do you need me to drive you home?" 

"No, thank you Mr, Gilbert. I only live ten minutes away." I give a small smile and sit back to enjoy my coffee, When Caroline, who was sat next to me speaks up, "Wait, You moved into the house down the block, It looks so pretty from the outside. Like a doll house."

"Thanks, When the decorating is all done, do you three want to come round for a girls night? I would love to get to know you all more." Caroline gives a happy squeal and jumps in her seat as she claps excitedly. "Oh, this will be so much fun."

I smile and look to Elena and Bonnie. Who both agree. "Oh, by the way, Is there a gym nearby that does Self defence classes?" I question as I finish off my coffee. "Yeah, there one in town. You take Self-defence classes?" I nod at Jeremy "I've been taking lessons three times a week since I was seven." I see Miranda and Greyson share a side glance. I knew they they approved since they both knew about vampires but couldn't outright ask. I also knew that there was vervain in the coffee grounds and the orange juice. So they knew I wasn't a threat to them. Well at least not from what they knew of.