19

It was game day and Claire and I were going to be joining the others later on. For now though we were out getting new school supplies and choosing out paint colours. I had already decided to have most of the walls a shade darker then pure white to help the space look bigger. While my room was going to be a purplish grey and the bathroom was going to be white and a stone grey. "What colours do you want your room to be?"

"Cream with a little pink." She says and she walks next to the cart "Okay then. I pick up to light cream paints and we pay. I drive us both to the new place and we work together to lay the plastic sheeting down in her room and the bathroom. I went around the house and put the paints in the correct rooms so they wouldn't get mixed up before helping her paint her room. We both wore matching outfits of white tops and overalls. It was the same outfit I wore when I originally moved to Mystic. 

We tape up the edges of the skirting board and and around the light switches before I hand her a pain roller and a try of paint. "You get that wall, I'll start on this one."

"Okay, Can we put music on?" I snap my fingers and the speaker we had brought into the room started playing ACDC's back in black. We sung together as we painted. Only taking a break for juice and snacks. 

We both used out magic to dry the paint faster and get rid of the smell before we got headaches. I brought out the paints that I had brought. "What wall do you want the bed against?"

"That one. What are you doing?" She points to the wall on the left of the windows. "A little surprise for you."

I spend the next few hours painting a mural on her wall while she got started on the bathroom. When I'm done there was a sun and moon mandala painted above where her bed would be, done in a blush colour, giving a pop of pink that Claire was asking for. 

I hear a gasp behind me and turn around to see Claire standing there with tears in her eyes

I hear a gasp behind me and turn around to see Claire standing there with tears in her eyes. "Good tears or bad tears?" I question, suddenly feeling nervous. In response she wraps her arms around my waist. "I love it!" I smile and hug her back. "I'm glad you do. Now help me clean up here." We pour any left over paint back into the containers and put them in the attic for later use and fold up the plastic sheeting so I can move it into my room. She helps me lay it all down and we paint my room a light lilac colour that looked almost white in the sun.  

When we were done we went to the Grill for pizza before going back to my parents to get dressed for tonight. We decided to match again and both wore Blue jeans with the red jerseys that the school team wore and a pair of black converse.

We arrive just past dark and the bonfire was already lit. "How about some popcorn before we look for Jeremy?" Claire nods and takes my hands in hers. I had mentioned Claire to Jeremy over text but the two actually hadn't met yet. He also didn't know about me buy the house opposite his. I was in the middle of designing the spare room for him as s surprise so he could spend time away from Elena with out being too far from home so Jenna wouldn't worry. I buy three bags of popcorn, one butter for Jere and two sweet n' salty for Claire and I. I couldn't see Jere so I check the compass quickly where he is. I guide Claire in the right direction and we find him sitting on the bed of a truck with a bottle of beer in hand.

"Hey Jere-bear. Got you popcorn and someone for you to meet." I lift Claire up into the truck bed next to him and she gives him a timid wave. Jere gives her a genuine smile. "Hey Claire. It's nice to finally meet you."

"You too. Addie said I can call you Uncle Jere. Is that okay?" he chuckles and ruffles her short hair. "Sure thing kiddo."

I notice the smear of blood on his face "Fight with Tyler again?" I ask him as I point to his nose. "Yeah. He was being an ar.." I cover his mouth and point to Claire. "Little on present. No swearing." I move my hand and hand him a tissue from my bag. "Here." He thanks me and takes it before wiping his face. He smiles when he sees Claire trying to sneak some of his popcorn out of his bag and into her own. He doesn't say anything though and acts like he doesn't see it. I loved how great he was with kids and knew he would make a great parent in the future. I had already decided I was going to save him. I had made a plan. I was going to find Silas when Stefan was off with Nik during the summer. I would use my magic to loosen Silas' hands on the box and take the cure. I wasn't sure what I would do after that though. 

Claire and I stay with Jere for a bit. I had stolen Claire's seat and held her on my lap and shared my popcorn after she finished hers. Claire was currently laughing and something that Jere said before she suddenly froze. "What's wrong brave heart?"

"8, 14, 22" She mumbled quietly in response. "She must be tired. I'm going to go home. Enjoy the game. Try not to cause any more trouble."

"No promises Addie. See you later Claire." he waves good bye to Jere and she salutes him as I carry her. I bump into Bonnie along the way and Claire mumbles the numbers over again as she goes back into a witchy trance. "When your ready to hear the truth come to mine." I tell her before getting Claire home. I didn't want to risk her seeing Tanner.