34

Damon called me the next morning so now I was at the boarding house with him, Stefan and Elena. My mother was taking Claire to school this morning for me so I didn't have to worry about getting her to school on time. I was only half listening to the conversation as Damon sat behind me on the sofa and braided my hair. He would undo it each time and re-braid it while I sat cross legged on the floor flipping through one of my Grimoires. He liked playing with my hair and would do so whenever he was given the chance to.

Elena wouldn't stop talking about the vampire that tried to attack her. Damon quickly braided my hair before leaving saying something about getting a headache. I stay reading a few spells but once Stefan and Damon starting getting all touchy feely I left as quickly as I could, stealing a bag of chips from the kitchen as I do. 

I drive to school and help Caroline out with decorations for the dance. We painted for a while before we got separated by the teachers and told to stop after we ended up in a paint war. I knew she had been upset over things with Matt so I wanted to cheer her up. 

I leave her to clean up and go to the library for some studying. It honestly shocked me how much this school didn't care for their students education. Everytime there was a school dance students got to have the day off to make decorations or self study with no real lesson. It was a miracle anyone was actually passing anything.

I collect Claire at the end of the day and drive us home. "There is a school dance tonight so Grandma and Grandpa are going to look after you. Is that okay?"

"Yes, momma." I smile and take her hand in mine as I drive. When we get home I hand up her jacket and bag as she runs into the kitchen. "Woah little missy. Homework first. Grandma and Grandpa are making you dinner early so you can all have movie night." She huff but takes her homework folder from me since I had taken it out of my bag and sits at the kitchen island. I follow after and pour her a glass of apple juice and set it down in front of her with a some of the fruit salad we had made yesterday.

"Need any help?" I ask as I finish unloading the dishwasher since I could see the struggle on her face. She stays silent for a moment before she says "Got it!" and writes down her answer with more enthusiasm. I chuckle and kiss her head before going up stairs for a shower. 

I pull on my robe over my black lace set and use magic to dry my hair a little and put it into rollers so it could curl as it dried. I run downstairs when I hear my mom call me down or dinner and join them at the table. Mum had made us a vegetable curry since it was the one week that they ate vegetarian meals with me. We talked and laughed until we were done. Mom shooed me upstairs to finish getting ready while my dad and Claire went to the living room to set up a pillow fort for movie night.

For the dance I chose a more 'gothic' 50's pin up look. I tucked all of my hair into a wig cap before putting on the jet black wig I had already styled. I wore an all black rock-a-billy dress with sheer black stockings, black platform stilettoes and a pair of elbow length black gloves. 

I add a white pearl bracelet to my left wrist and paint my lips in a vibrant red. Happy with my look I grab my black clutch and go down stair. My parents were sat in the living room with Claire watching movies. "I'll be back in a few hours. Make sure you go to bed at an appropriate time, okay, princess." Claire nods and gives me a hug while my mom takes a pictures. "You look beautiful baby."

"Thanks momma." Dad stands up and kisses my forehead. "Go have fun petal. We can handle this little monster." Dad says before he tickles Claire to the point that she falls to the ground in giggles. I laugh with them and wave as I walk out.

I drive to the school and walk up to Damon when I see him. "Hey Dammy. Your not dressed up, where's your school spirit?" I question him some what sarcastically and he smirks as he faces me. "Died in the 1800's I'm afraid. Sorry to burst your fantasies little brid." I laugh at his response and Stefan shakes his head at our banter. Not understanding it but used to it all the same. 

"Save me a dance?"

"Of course." I kiss his cheek before messing up Stefan's hair, ignoring his cry of indignation, as I walk away and join the girls over at one of the tables. "Care-bear! Bon-bon! You girls look amazing!" I gush over their outfits before turning to Elena. "Come one Elena, you couldn't have put just a little more effort into your outfit. That's so basic" I say in a scolding voice knowing full well it would piss her off. I was right when she started to glare at me.

Knowing that she couldn't say anything to me without me fighting back she signs and looks to the girls. "Having fun?"

"Mm, no, but this took about two hours, so I'm at least staying half of that" I laugh at Caroline's tone and wrap my arm around her shoulders before fixing a few strands of Bonnie's hair. She smiles at me in thanks and I kiss her forehead.

"What's Damon doing here?" Bon asks her happy tone turning annoyed. She wasn't the dark haired Salvatore's greatest fan. We all follow her line of site to see Stefan and Damon looking around the room lazily.

 "He wanted to come. I promise, he'll behave." Elena took so long answering that Bonnie knew she was lying. I give the young witch a look to let her know that I would explain later and she gives me a small nod in return

"What is this, a threesome now? You and the Salvatore brothers?" I short at Caroline's comment and bite my tongue to stop the laugh the that threatened to bubble up in my throat.

Elena looks at her offended but I could tell from her emotions that a small part of her was thinking about it. "No, but if I'm gonna be with Stefan then I have to learn to tolerate Damon. It's not like I can kill him."

"There's a thought." Bonnie comments leaning on the table genuinely thinking about it. Damon looks to us, obviously listening in. "Mm, I'll help" Caroline and I say at the same time before the three of us clink glasses. I chuckle at Damon's offended look and send the hurt Salvatore a wink. He rolls his eyes but I see his smile before he fully turns away. 

Elena eventually leave us and Damon comes over. "Bonnie. Wanna dance?"

"Hey, You promised me a dance first." I protest childishly making the girls laugh amused. Damon holds his hand out to me and I let out a happy squeal before pulling him onto the dance floor. We dance properly for all of 30 seconds before we start doing random 'dad' dances making each other laugh until my sides hurt. I almost fall over when Damon almost hits someone in the face when he does his impression of a robot. 

I snot right as we were about to calm down making up both fall to the ground in stitches. Others gave us strange looks while teachers shook their heads amused. "Right, come on little bird." Damon stands up and pulls me up with him. I lean on him as I catch my breath. "Thank you." I shiver slightly when I feel his breath on my neck as he whispers into my ear. 

"Your welcome Dammy. You deserve to be able to act like a kid sometimes." I kiss his cheek and go over to the punch bowl where I hug Jere. "You okay baby brother?"

"Yeah, just bored." 

"Why don't you go home then, Jenna and Alaric can watch the punch bowl." I tell him as I eat a few of the chips on the table. "I can't. I'm doing this for extra credit in English." he groans and rests his head on my shoulder. I pat his shoulder. "Go home Jere-bear. I'll talk to her okay?" He stays were he is for a moment before nodding and leaving. I find his English teacher and quickly compel her to give Jeremy the credit for tonight even if he didn't stay for the whole thing.