32

Elena goes off to call Jenna while Damon and Bree move away from the bar to talk. I stayed with Claire and put an order in for lunch. Unfortunately they didn't have many vegetarian options on the menu so I was stuck with just having a basket of fries while I ordered the others burgers.

When they come back the food arrived and Claire was done with her maths work and was moving on to her English work. She was reading her book as she ate.

"Let's just say that I'm descended from Kathrine. Does that make me part vampire?"

"No, Vampire's can't procreate, but we love to try." I throw a fry at Damon and point to Claire. "Little ears Dammy. Watch how you talk. Please." He smirks but nods anyway.

"No. If you ere related, it would mean that Kathrine had a child before she was turned." Damon continues since I interrupted him. "Did Stefan think that he could use me to replace her?" I roll my eyes at Elena.

"It's kind of creepy if you ask me. Come on, you don't like pickles? What's wrong with you?" Damon comments as he takes the pickles from her plate and eats them. Claire then give him her ones as well since she didn't like them either.

"How can you even eat, if technically you're supposed to be...?"

"Dead? It's not such a bad word. As long as I keep a healthy diet of blood in my system, my body functions pretty normally." Elena chuckles as Damon bites into a fry to prove his words

"This nice act is any of it real?" She asks as I roll my eyes before resting my head on Claire's when she leans against me with her book in hand and empty plate in front of her. He hums in response and Bree comes over with a few bottles of beer. I decline mine and ask for a coke instead while Damon take the bottle from me and adds it to his own

Elena ends up accepting a beer as well and her and Damon clink the bottles together in a cheers. 

We stayed there for the whole day. I only left with Claire so she could play in the park down the street. It had started getting dark when we had decided to go back and I made sure to keep Claire in my arms. I walk back in to see Elena doing shots with half the bar. I shake my head and walk over to Damon with my daughter on my hip.

Damon gets up to go to the bathroom while Elena was playing pool. I hold my hand out to him and a give me his keys after he sees that Claire was asleep on me. I smile in thanks and I take Claire out to the car. I tuck her into the front seat and look up where I hear the bar door open. Elena stumbles out while on the phone and I bite my lip when she hits the floor. 

I bend down and move the blanket to cover Claire more, I kiss her forehead and when I stand back up again. Elena was gone when I look over. I frown and lock the car, leaving the heat on for Claire so she didn't get cold. I walk over and see Elena's phone on the ground. I leave it where it is and run around the corner. I wasn't quite sure what was happening since Lexi was alive so her boyfriend shouldn't be seeking revenge. I run down the side street. I round the corner and let out a relieved breath. Elena was their with Lexi and Lee, Lexi's boyfriend, talking together. "Lexi-baby!" 

The blonde spins around to see me and smiles. She speeds over and tackles me into a hug. I groan at the impact but laugh as I hug her back. "I've missed you. Claire's been missing you."

"Where is she?" Lexi pulls away and rests her hands on my shoulders, looking at me with a smile "She's back in the car sleeping. You must be Lee. It's nice to meet you" I wave the the dark haired man and he gives a polite smile in return. 

"So why'd you kidnap Elena?" I ask the obviously drunk blonde. "Oh, that was my fault. I wanted to scare her. Oh, before I forget. Give me your phone. I want to stay in touch with you this time." I pass her my phone and go over to Lee to shake his hand. "How are you enjoying daylight?"

"It's amazing. Thank you, Lex told me what you did for us."

"Oh, It's nothing. You guys deserve it." I stay talking to them for a little longer before Damon shows up and they decide to leave. "Come on. I need to make sure Claire actually gets to sleep in her own bed tomorrow."

"Yeah sure. Did you two still need your own place? Because I can compel one for you." I giggle at that and nudge Damon in the side as we walk back to his car with Elena following after. "No, it's okay. We actually just moved into our own house. Just opposite Jere's" I whisper the last part so Elena doesn't hear. He nods and nudges me back. He over judged his strength through and I slip on the side walk and onto my side. I laugh as I lay there and Damon laughs with me. He helps me up and we both roll our eyes when Elena starts to scold us like children. We get back to the car and Damon lets Elena back in his side while I lift Claire into my arms and sit down with her. I fall asleep not long into the ride back. 

I wake up to Damon lifting Claire out of my arms. I smile at him as I look out of the window to see us outside my house. "Damon Salvatore I, Aadya Thornton, here by invite you into my home." I put on an overly posh accent and he rolls his eyes, but I could see his amusement. I clamber out of the car sleepily and take my bag with me as I unlock the door. I walk in and Damon follows. "Second door on the left" He speed her up and comes back a few minutes later. I wrap my arms around his waist and lean against him for a moment. 

When I pull away I kiss his cheek before yawning and I go upstairs to my room to sleep a little longer. I hear the front door close followed by the sound of an engine. I cuddle under the covers after I change into some PJ's.