31

Later that night I grab a backpack while Claire gets changed and put a spare pair of clothes each, some sleep wear and a thin blanket just encase. I also put my purse and extra phone charger into the front pocket and tuck my phone into my jeans. "You ready? Brushed your teeth?"

"Yes, Momma" I kiss the top of her head and we both meet Damon outside. He had asked me to go with him to meet Bree and Claire wanted to go as well. I was going to call Claire's school in the morning to let them know she was having the day off and I do the same to mine. I could always get there signatures tomorrow, and it's not like I didn't already study for my exams or could teach Claire anything she missed. 

I open the door for Claire and slide the seat forward but she shakes her head. "Don't make me sit next to her." I give her a confused look and bend down slightly. I see Elena passed out in the back seat and curse under my breath. I forgot about that. "Okay" I move the seat back into place. I sit down first and put the bag on the floor between my feet. I let Claire sit on the seat between my legs and close the door before putting the seat belt on over the both of us.

"Let's go uncle Dae-dae" he rolls his eyes at the nickname but ruffles the young girls hair any way. "So we are going to Georgia to see Bree about the tomb?" I question even though I already knew the answer. I was just fun to mess with him.

"I'll never get used to that. and yes we are little bird. Get some sleep. You'll need it." I take the blanket from the bag and put it over us. Claire falls asleep almost instantly, but I stay up later just to talk to Damon. I get him to tell me stories about the wars he's fought and adventures he's had. We laughed together and talking until way past midnight and I finally drift off the sleep with Damon humming Bon Jovi under his breath.

When I do wake up its already light out and Claire was up and talking away to Damon. "Morning darlings."

"Morning Momma. Dae-dae got us breakfast." The blonde says happily as she holds up the McDonalds take out bag in one hand, the other holding a half eaten breakfast McMuffin. 

"Thank you Dammy." I take one out of the bag and start to eat it. I hold out my wrist to him as I do "Thirsty?" He give me a look and I shrug. "I don't mind. I heal faster then a human anyway" I push my wrist closer to him since I could tell he was thirsty and he hesitantly bite into my wrist. I wince a little at the initial sting but the pain faded quickly. He lets me go after a few seconds and presses a napkin to the wound. I continue eating as he holds my wrist. When I'm done and I feel to wound close I pull my wrist away and he looks down to see the pale skin was only left with faint red marks.

"Told ya." I say happily before I wipe off my hands with a napkin and brush out Claire's hair. "What hair style do you want today, Princess?"

She leans back against me and looks up at me as she thinks. "Um, Braid please."

"One or two?"

"Two." I nod and quickly braid each side of her hair before tying them off. "There you go Princess."

"Thank you Momma." I place a kiss on top of her head as she continues to play games on Damon's phone. "What time do you think we will get there?"

"Why? Am I that bad a company?" He put his hand over his heart and gasps dramatically. "And after I brought you and your little demon breakfast too."

I roll my eyes with a small smile "Yeah, In fact its so bad I feel like throwing you out of the car. What do you say little demon, wanna help momma?" Claire cheers loudly and turns to Damon with a somewhat evil glint in her eye. Damon shakes his head before the three of us laugh. The moment is ruined by a certain doppelganger waking up in the back. I sigh and hold Claire closer to me in comfort knowing Elena's whining was going to annoy us both. 

"Where are we?" 

"In Georgia." Elena's head suddenly appears between the two of us. I jump slightly and hold back the instinct to punch her. "What! No, no, no, no. No we're not. Damon you need to take me home. Right now!"

After my ears stop ringing from her yelling I push her head back, no doubt making her headache worse.  "Stop yelling."

"Why are you here? And why isn't Claire at school? Do you really care so little about her." I glare at h1er heatedly. "Don't you dare try and tell me how to parent my child She is having a day off and I'll be teaching her move then that school ever could. So, why don't go go back to sleep."

Claire High fives me and I see Damon smirk.  She huffs and sinks back in her seat with her arms crossed and pouts. "But seriously, we're, we're in Georgia" Damon tells her after a while "How are you feeling?" 

I feel Claire sigh as she leans back against me and puts her ear phones in. I envy her in that moment as I rest my chin on her head and switch the subtitles on so I could watch 'Friends' with her. I ignore their conversation and enjoy the show. I had watched it so much that I was able to hear the characters voices in my head. Sometimes even saying the lines along with them.

Damon eventually pulls over and gets out, allowing Elena to follow since Claire and I weren't movie from our seats. The two talk before getting back in. 

The rest of the drive goes by quickly in silence, with the occasional comment from Damon and the music in the background. We pull up to Bree's bar and Elena speaks up. "You brought me to a bar? I'm not old enough. They're not gonna let me in."

"Sure they will." Claire and I get out and I take her hand in mine as we follow Damon inside. Bree senses our magic and a vampire being near by and turns to us, mainly Damon, in disbelief. "No. No, it can't be. Damon?" I quickly cover Claire's eyes knowing what was about to happen. Bree jumps over the bar and kisses him. I turn away to give them some privacy while Elena watches on uncomfortably. 

"Listen up everybody.  Here's to the man that broke my heart, crushed my soul, destroyed my life and ruined any and all chances of happiness." Bree says as she pours out a row of shots and pass one each to Damon, Elena and I. She drinks her own and Damon follows. I see Claire pick up my shot glass. She smells it curiously before taking a tiny sip. I chuckle as she screws her face up and spits into a napkin before downing half of her lemonade. "Teach you not to drink until your older?" I ask her completely amused. She nods and I ruffle her hair with a smile. 

I take the shot glass and swing it back before pushing Elena's shot over to Damon, knowing she wouldn't drink it. "SO how'd he rope you in?"

"I'm not roped in. Actually , I'm dating his brother." I snort and cough quickly to cover it. "Oh, Honey, if you're not roped, you're whipped. Either way, just enjoy the ride. What about you hon?" I look up to see her looking art me. "Oh, No. I like my men in suits." I say with a smirk before turning my attention back to Claire. She had her maths book out on the bar and I was helping her with the questions she was doing from the text book. Just because I was letting her have the day off school doesn't mean she didn't have to still do her work. 

A/N

Dae-dae is either pronounced as dee-dee or day-day. I don't mind which version you use. xoxo