45

I wake up to a long line of missed calls from Caroline. Which was to be expected as today was the parade which meant tonight Caroline Forbes would become a vampire. I already made two sets of daylight earrings made for her along with two bracelets and two necklaces, one set simple the other more detailed, so she could make it match her clothes, no matter the occasion, something I new the blonde fashionista would love.

We had spent the last few weeks crafting the floats for the parade and I had been kicked out a few days ago for starting too many paint and glitter fights during the decorating time. 

oh, and Isobel had come into town causing a little mayhem. I had managed to send the two people she had compelled off back to their lives. I couldn't remember their names, one was a jazz singer and the other was a cowboy, whom she had compelled to forget he was gay and sleep with her. They would need some therapy, but would be fine eventually. 

Rather than calling Care back right away I get myself ready for the day first dressing in a white rolling stones band shirt, black skinny jeans, black high top converse and a burgundy and black checkered shirt over the top that was a few sizes too big for me. I pull my hair up into a ponytail for the day.

I hear Claire getting ready so I grab my phone and head downstairs to make breakfast flicking on the stereo as I do. I make bacon, eggs and waffles for her, while I have waffles, fruit and yogurt. 

I set both plates down along with a glass of orange juice each and a bottle of syrup. Just as I do I hear the patting of feet running down the stairs. Claire throws her self into me for a quick hug before sitting down and digging into her food with hunger. I chuckle as I come out of my shock and kiss her head as I take my own seat and eat alongside her.

"I need to help Care get ready for the parade today. Do you want to come with or do you want to hang with Uncle Jere?" I ask as I cleaned up. "Uncle Jere. I'll see Auntie Care tonight." She announces proudly as she finishes braiding her hair. 

"Okay Brave heart." I say as I place a kiss on her head and pull my phone out to text Jere. 

Little hunter 

Hey, wanna watch Claire for me? She misses you. x

I send and get a response almost immediately

Witchy sis

You don't even need to ask. Already at the door x

I smile at his response "Claire! he's waiting for you." I place a kiss on her head once more as she yells bye and runs out the door. I watch from the doorway as my daughter crosses the street and jumps into Jere's arms. I wave to the two of them and blow a kiss before going back inside. 

I finish tidying up and pack my small suitcase with anything Care might need. Extra make-up, lashes, curlers, extensions, press on nails for after the parade as a manicure wasn't era appropriate, jewellery, plasters for her shoes. An extra corset incase her one didn't fit her correctly, tissues, even a bottle of water and snacks for later. 

I pack the case into my car and lock up before driving to hers. I had texted her before I left so I simply walk in when I arrive and take the case up to her room. I chuckle silently when I find her dressed in a pale blue fluffy bath robe as she faught with her hair.

I set the case on her bed and take the brush from her hands "allow me" I say as I start to gently brush her hair, riding it of any knots.

"Thanks. I honestly don't know what I would do without you sometimes." She announces with a big sigh while I begin to curl her hair, pinning each section up as I go to create the ringlet curls she was after.