1

I wake with a groan as I feel pain flood through my body before it quickly fades. I sit up and find myself to be on a bed covered in all white bedding that was so soft I didn't feel like getting back up, but do so anyway. Standing I finally get a look at the outfit I wore, the bodycon dress and heels I had been wearing for work and been replaced with a loose white dress. The dress was gorgeous and I couldn't stop looking at it as I twirled around. The dress was fitted over the shoulders and down to my waist before flaring out into a three layered skirt and elbow length sleeves. The hem of the fabric was edged in a delicate lace. It looked like something I would have worn on a wedding day.

I look around and find the room I was in looked very modern with white and grey being the only colours apart from the vase of flowers next to the bed. The door was open. I walk gingerly over to it, still not knowing where I was. I walk down the hallway and stop when I was about to pass a mirror. My auburn hair was left down in its natural soft curls and a daisy chain sat on my head like a crown. I frown, becoming more and more confused. I remember being in the car, on my way home from work, when a truck had sped past a red light and slammed into me. I remembered feeling as if I was going to die and telling my family I loved them one last time. 

The end of the hall way opens up and I find myself in a study with a two large armchairs that sat proudly in front of a lit fire. There was a circular table between the them that held two tumblers and a crystal decanter, filled with an amber liquid. 

The rest of the the room was filled with books with a large oak desk, a laptop sat in the middle with paper work around it. "Ah, You finally awake." I jump at the voice and turn to see a lady with hair the colour of a ravens wing and bright green eyes that seemed to glow. She was tall and curvy dressed in a pair of tight fitted black denim jeans and a white button shirt with a blood red, under-bust corset over the top and a black blazer resting over her arm. "Please sit, we have much to discuss." She motioned to the armchairs and I take a seat in the one closest to me and sigh as I sink into the plush cushions and the heat from the fire seems to seep into my bones and warm me from the inside.

"Where am I?" I finally speak up my voice sounding tired and rough. "You are in the after life, more specifically, my office. Try not to speak too much, your vocal cords are still healing. That truck did quite the number on you. I promise to try and answer the questions you have. You will have to forgive me for being blunt, I've had quite the day." She pauses to kick off her heals as she sits down, her blazer now over the back of the chair, and pours a glass of whiskey. She passes it to me before pouring herself one. I take it gratefully and sip on it slowly, allowing the cool burn to slide down my throat. 

"My name is Balance. I deal with the living and the dead while my father runs the heavens and brother runs hell. Your dead. You died in a car accident on the 19 of July 2021, 12:45pm at the age of 26. Your last human act was telling your family you love them. You were about to join the heavens but considering your story I have chose differently. You were never supposed to have the life you did. You see there was a mix up on your soul placement and you were put in the wrong universe at the wrong time. I wish to fix that. If you would like, that is."

I look at her open mouthed before doing an impression of a fish "What happens if I accept?" I ask, not wanting to chose unless I had all of the facts. My voice sounded a little better this time so I guess my voice was healing already. She smirks and leans back in her seat. "I like you." She takes a swing from her glass before continuing. "You will be reborn into the correct universe and won't remember any of this or your past life until you are 7, that is the earliest your brain will be able to physically handle it, bigger memories will come over time when you are ready, mentally and emotionally. The universe you will be put in is known as Omega 9, but you know it as The Vampire Diaries. You see each universe is connected by either books or media. Most of the shows you watch or books your read are a true reality for another. Your name will remain the same, however your last name with be Thornton. Your appearance will also change, how it will I can not say. I will also give you magic so you can defend yourself. Spell books will appear in your room when you get your memories. I would suggest learning as quickly as possible. Before you ask, yes you can change things, but be warned. The more you change the less you will know, so choose wisely. Any questions?"

I almost chocked on the whiskey as she spoke and ended up having to put the glass down. When she told me I was going to be put in my favourite show I had to fight the urge to jump around the room with my excitement. I manage to calm myself down and look her in the eye and voice the one thought that had been swimming around my mind since I woke up. "How is my family?"

Her gaze softens at the question and she puts her glass down next to mine before taking one of my hands in hers. "They are in pain right now but I can tell you that they will heal and continue on with their life. You brother will have a new born daughter next year who he will name Addy in honour of you and she will help the others heal. I promise I will look over them time from time." I smile sadly at her words, My emotions becoming a slight jumble. I was upset that I would never get the chance to meet my niece but glad that my loved ones would be happy in the end.

"You ready? This will hurt, but it will be worth it." I nod once more and she pulls me up from my seat. She gives me one last smile. I scream at the fire that suddenly floods my body, setting my body a blaze. Just as quickly as it starts it fades and I fall into darkness once more.