18

By the end of the day Bonnie comes over to me still dressed on her work out gear. "Lena's forcing me into dinner tonight with her and Stefan. Will you please com?"

"What's this about? and don't try hiding it from me" I say as I put the text books I wouldn't need into my locker and close it. "Fine, I accidentally touched Stefan last night and I got a really bad feeling. Will you please come so it's not awkward" she clasps her hands under her chin and gives me puppy dog eyes.

"Alright fine. I'll go. But Claire will be with me and you will have to deal with Elena. Do you know if she's cooking?"

"Probably."   

"I'll make something and bring it over. I made pasta yester day so how do you feel about ravioli?"

"Sounds amazing. You know I still don't understand how your so good in the kitchen. I can barely make toast without burning it." I laugh at that, knowing it was true. I felt like I was the only one in our group that actually knew how to cook. "It's a surprise. Look I have to go. I need to get Claire from school." I kiss her cheek and walk backwards giving her an over the top wave, knowing she needed cheering up. It works as she laughs before going to the changing room to get dressed. 

I pull up to Claire's school and smile when I see her already running over. I crouch down and spin her around as I catch her. "How was school?"

"Good. My teachers like my new outfit. I missed you though." I smile and kiss her cheek. "I missed you too my brave heart. We are going to be having dinner with Bonnie and her friend Elena and Stefan. Is that okay with you?"

She thinks about it for a moment before she nods with a smile of her own. I put her down and we both get into my car before going home. I had called the realtor on the way and I managed to get the house across the street from Jeremy's, I would be getting the key tomorrow. I know the point of moving out of your parents was to move away from them but mystic was only so big of a town and unless I wanting to live in a giant mansion with more space then I can think to do with, then the options were slim.

The plan with the new place was to spend the week decorating it and setting furniture up before moving it that was my parents would come home to just find me gone.

When we get inside I hang my bag by the door and do the same with Claire along with her Jacket. "Why don't you pick out another outfit for tonight while I start cooking?"

"Okay." I smile as she runs of the the box that was still on the chair and kick my boots off. I wash up quickly before I start making the spinach and ricotta filling for the ravioli. Before rolling to dough out. When I'm done I leave it on the side since it wouldn't take long to actually cook. 

It had gotten a little colder so I changed into a pair of blue jeans and a white lace up top that had long off the shoulder sleeves and a pair of nude pumps.