41

The next morning I wake up to Claire's feet in my face and her head on my leg. I chuckle and gently push her off before sitting up. I stretch my back making it pop. I smile as I brush Claire's hair back from her forehead. I kiss her cheek before leaving her to sleep. I jump into the shower quickly before getting changed. I just picked Yoga pants and a baggy knit sweater since I likely wouldn't be going out today. I wasn't sure if the tomb vamps would still kidnap Stefan and if they did I wouldn't get involved unless Damon asked me too. I wasn't going to risk my daughters life. 

I go into the kitchen after braiding my hair and start making  waffles. I use the left over chicken from the other night to add to it. Once  everything was done I use my magic to clean up. "Morning Dae." I say without turning around and hear the blue eyed vamp huff I turn to see him pouting and motion to the place I had just set for him. "Chicken and waffles for breakfast?"

"Why not?" He shrugs putting his cocky persona back on before sitting down and digging in. Claire comes down not long after and Damon stops eating in time to catch the small girl as she catapults herself at him  "Uncle Dae!"

I smile at the two before looking down at my phone that had just gone off. I see a text from my mom seeing that Dad had to go to the next town over today for work and she wanted to spend the day with Claire. 

"Hey Brave heart. Do you want to spend the day with Nanna?" She cheers making Damon wince. "Okay pumpkin, eat and go get ready. I'll drive you over when your ready. Make sure you pack anything you might need encase you fall asleep."

"Okay Momma." She stays in Damon's lap and pulls her plate closer before digging in. I shake my head at the two, loving the relationship the two had. I sit down next to them and eat my own breakfast. Once we where done I set all our plates in the sink. "Mind cleaning up Dae, I need to get my shoes on"

"Not at all little bird. I'll see you both later." He kisses my forehead and I go upstairs to get some trainers on. I hear a few swooshing sounds before the door closes letting me know he cleaned up and left. I pick a simple pair of off white converse high tops and pull them on over my socked feet and go to Claire room. I knock on the door first and wait for her to respond before walking in. 

I watch as she ties up her black vans, her tongue poking out slightly in concentration. "Ready princess?" she looks up after she's done and nods with a smile as she grabs her rucksack and swings it over her shoulder.

I kiss her cheek as she gets out of the car and wave to my parents as they wait on the porch for her. I drive away chuckling at their over dramatic waving before I drive over to the boarding house.  

I walk in to find Pearl and Anna sitting in the living room with Damon. "We've taken up residence at a farmhouse outside of town. It'll suffice for now." I nod in greeting and sit down next to Damon as Pearl speaks. 

"All 25 vampires?" I ask as I take Damon's hand in mine and start playing with his ring.

"Not all. Some. I imagine a few have already left town. Others are probably still in the woods, or like us, acclimating." Pearl informs us sharing a look with her daughter who stood off to the side.

"How'd they get out of the tomb?" Damon asks still surprised as his eyes dart to me. I tap his palm three times, a signal that I would explain later.

"I think the witch screwed up that part of her hocus-pocus." Anna says almost sassily.

"I understand from Anna that the founding families still have a secret council?" Pearl says. 

"And you're a part of it." Annas comments were starting to get irritating. "That's ridiculous." Damon tries to defend himself but Anna quickly shuts down the attempt. "I've been in Mystic Falls since the comet, Damon. I'm up to speed."

"And so am I. And now that you've infiltrated the council, I'll need to know everything they know. Starting with a listing names of all the council members and their families." Pearl requests "And everyone you've supplied with vervain." Anna says, reminding her mother.

"Yes, that will have to stop immediately."

"What exactly are you trying to achieve?" Damon asks, genuinely curious about what Pearl was planning. "Mystic Falls is our home, Damon. They took that from us. Our land, our home. It's time we rebuild." 

"What, are you crazy? It was 1864. Wake up woman. The world has moved on."

"As a reward for your help I'm willing to give you what you want most." Pearl offers and I groan mentally. "I want nothing." 

"Katherine." Pearl states and I can't help but roll my eyes. "You wouldn't even know where she was. You've been under the ground for the last century and a half." I say and Damon squeezes my hand slightly. 

"Katherine and I were best friends long before we came to Mystic Falls, Damon. I know how she thinks, I know her patterns, I know where to find her." Pearl says not even sparing a glance to me. I narrow my eyes at her slightly and cross my legs over. "I no longer have any desire to see Katherine ever again. And there's no way in hell I'm gonna play the role of your little minion." Damon says and I let go of his hand and he goes to stand up. Pearl however gets up using her speed and pushes him back down of the couch. 

"I'm not asking for your help, Damon. Finding Katherine was just a mere gesture of kindness. The rest is non-negotiable."  I stand up and use my magic to push the two of them away, making them drop to their knees before Pearl could push her thumbs into Damon's eyes. 

"Rule one. Do you remember it. You don't hurt me or mine." I say as I step forward and  increase the pain they felt, their screams becoming louder. I'm feeling generous so I will give you both another chance. But either of you step so much as a toe out of line and I'll rip your heads off. Do I make myself clear?" Neither of them answer me so I increase the pain again.  "Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?" I ask once more, slowly this time. They both nod rapidly, blood beginning to drip from their noses. 

"Good. Run along now little pets." I say tauntingly as I release them from my magic. They both speed away without so much as a backward glance. "I have to go to school for an exam. Text me if anything happens." I say to Damon before I kiss his cheek and leave the still shocked vampire behind me.