17

I wake up the morning to a knock on the door. I pull my robe on to cover me and quickly smooth out my hair with my magic. I open to door and smile at Liz on the other side. "Hi, sorry to wake you, but I need to to sign a few things for Claire. I also bumped into a delivery guy on the way up." She hands me the box and I take it while motioning her inside.

"Its alright. I needed to get up any way. I have free period this morning so I was going to take Claire to school and see if I could add my number down as the emergency contact encase something happens." I say as I set the box on one of the kitchen chairs a turn the coffee machine one.

"That's actually one of the things I have. You will have to take it in and give it to the receptionist. It has to have my signature as well since I'm your police witness." Liz informs me as she lays out all the different forms I would need to sign. I skim read each one, using a little magic to make sure I didn't miss anything important before signing them and filling out the right details. 

I hear Claire come down once I'm done and I put a few waffles into the toaster. I smile when she comes in. Her hair was sticking up all over the place and she was dragging her feet. "Morning Brave heart. Sleep well" She nods as she wraps her arms around my waist, pressing her face into my stomach. I was surprised at how quickly she had bonded to me, especially with what she had been through, but it seems I have become a safety blanket of a sort. 

"I brought you a few things. Why don't you pic out what you want to wear today." I motion to the box and she opens it hesitantly. When she sees what's in it she turns excited and hugs me once more before finding what she wants to wear. "You will have to use my old book bag and some of my school stuff for today but we'll buy you some new ones tomorrow. Okay?"

"Thank you Addie."

"You welcome, little brave heart."

I put a plate of waffles in front of Liz along with a black coffee. "Don't try and protest I know you haven't eaten yet." She raises her brow at me but sits down anyway and eats. I give Claire hers and make myself a coffee. "What drink do you want?" 

"Do you have apple?" I nod and pour her a glass. Liz says goodbye as she walks out leaving me with a copy of all of the paper work. I go and get showered and changed. I decided on a pair of knee high brown boots with a pinkish rose sweater dress. I find my old school bag and put a few note books and spare pens in side before taking it down stairs. 

I find Claire already dressed in a pair of jeans, a white and black striped top and a denim jacket

I find Claire already dressed in a pair of jeans, a white and black striped top and a denim jacket. She was currently deciding between a white pair of converse or a pink pair. "Go with the pink" She jumps at the sound of my voice making me smile. "Here, let me help" I kneel down and roll the cuff of her jeans up a few times and help her lace up the shoes over her socked feet. "There. You look adorable. Ready to go to school?" she sign but nods anyway. I pick up a flowered hair clip and pin her fringe to the side and out of her face. "Do you want to go your hair out or keep it short?"

"I want it long like yours." I smile and giver her the school bag. I grab my own bag, the folder with all the paper work, my phone and keys. Claire gets into the car while I lock up and I drive her to school. She hugs me and I crouch down so I'm shorter then her. "You have a good day and I'll be here to pick you up after school. I might be a few minutes late because I finish school at the same time. Okay?"

"Okay" I hug her once more before kissing her forehead and walking into reception. "Hi, My name's Aadya Thornton. I believe Sheriff Forbes called ahead." I read the name plaque 'Ms Monroe' looks up at me and smiles. "Yes she did. Do you have the paper work?"

I hand her the folder. "Great. I'll go make a copy for our files. You can wait over there." She points to a set a chairs that lines the wall before walking away. I take a seat and wait patently for her to come back. 15 minutes later she does just that. "Alright that's everything. Sheriff Forbes already handled everything else. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Yes, I was just wondering how I would pay for her school meals, and how much it is a day" 

"You uses these envelopes. Just fill out the information on the front and put it in that box over there. It's $4" She motions to a steal box over by the door that looked like a post box. "Thank you" 

I take an envelope, fill it out and put $30 inside so I wouldn't have to worry about her school lunches for the next week or so. I wave to the receptionist before walking out hearing a faint "Have a nice day dear." as I do. 

Since I still had time I figure I could now deal with Damon. I pull the compass from around my neck and whisper "Damon Salvatore" I get into the car and the dial spins. I drive in the direction it points me in and end up outside the Forbes residence. 

I walk in and go straight up stairs. I mutter a spell making sure Caroline didn't wake up to see me. I wake Damon up "Wake up Dammy. We need to talk." H wakes with a start as was about to attack me but I gave him a witchy migraine making him fall to him knees. I stop the spell and push my magic into my voice. "Your going to stop feeding off Caroline. Your going to compel her to make her believe that you do but that she's okay with it and cant tell anyone. Your not going to sleep with her. You going to giver her your blood to heal her and compel her to wear scarfs. You only going to bite her once more before the founders party but you wont drink any of her blood. Now go back to bed, remember my words but forget I was here." 

H gets back into bed and falls asleep. I wipe the sweat from my forehead and take a deep breath. It took a lot more out of me to 'compel' another supernatural. I leave then and go to school.