Sleepless Nights (32)

Almost Sports festival!!! Friday, May 1st

The week leading up to the sports festival was fizzing chaos. Ash dragged her feet home every night with her eyes barely open and head spinning.

Not only has Mr.Aizawa been tormenting the class with intense quirk training, but for Ash so has Shigaraki.

On her walk to school Ash jumped from the brush of her cold headphone wire against her skin, reminding her of the same wires that shocked her over the past week.

Electroconvulsive therapy has become a daily in her routine. Small currents of electricity flow through her causing a mini seizure for hope of strengthening her psychic quirk. However the only difference is how drained she feels. The dark circles under her eyes are proof enough that sleep doesn't come easy, if it does at all. Mina and Kirishima seemed to take notice of her rapidly declining health and started walking on either side of her to keep an eye out for her.

Mina locks her arm around Ash's while Kirishima leans forward to study her face, "you excited for the festival?" Kirishima flashed his jagged teeth in a grin.

Ash barely raised her shoulders into a shrug while her eyes slowly blinked. The two gave each other a worried glance before departing to their seats after Ash sat in hers. She slowly pulled out her folder that contains a bunch of papers from the homework she completed the night before. She grimaced at the throbbing pain in her head and rested her eyes against her palms.

Why is it so fucking bright in here?

He mouth stayed in the form of a scowl as Mr.Aizawa called her outside the room.

"Why don't you head down to recovery girl and take the day to rest?" He nudged his head in the direction of the pro-hero's office.

Ash tried her very hardest to insist she's fine, from excuses to bribery Mr.Aizawa was having none of it. She hung her head and walked back into the classroom, grabbing her backpack and walking up to her teachers desk,

"Here's my homework for all my classes. I'll be back for hero training," The papers she had been holding made a smack sound as they hit the dark, wooden desk. Mr.Aizawa let out a disappointed, or was it annoyed, sigh and dismissed her with a wave of his hand.

She stalked down the halls to the infirmary, secretly grateful for her teachers worry. When she arrived at the medical wing she took a seat in one of the plastic chairs in the lobby where in front of her sat Recovery girl typing on her computer, occasionally glancing at the girl.

"Come," she wiggled her index finger for Ash to follow.

Recovery Girl led her to a second room with soft plump hospital beds and ordered the girl to lay down. She then handed Ash orange juice and peanut butter crackers before giving her a wet smooch on her forehead.

Ash felt some of her pain and stress subside and took a deep breath, "eat those then take a nap" Recovery girl said then left the room.

She did as she was told. Once her juice and crackers were crumbs and empty cardboard she started to read her book.

Recovery girl returned looking very angry, "I said sleep, not read" she snatched the book out of Ash's hands and slammed the door on her way out.

Ash looked around in bewilder before the door cracked back open and a wrinkled hand reached in to turn the lights off. She flopped back onto the bed and closed her eyes.

An hour won't hurt right?

Exhaustion lulled her muscles to relax and sink into the mattress. Her mind fought with her to stay away but the bed is just that comfortable.

-

"...Frost?" The little girl breathily whispered.

A wet tear rolled down her skin and splattered on her hand.

"I'm really scared," her voice wavered.

Shouting and wailing can be heard from down the hallway making little Ash flinch.

"I know. I won't let him hurt you," the boy slid his hand under the door which she gratefully touched.

"He already pushed Toya to his death and is responsible for your injury," she quietly spoke in anger.

The boys fingers curled around hers as best they could from under the slim crack. A sob broke free from her chest which made the boy start to silently cry on the other side. He tried to stay strong and keep quiet to ease her worry.

"When we are hero's we can take guys like him down." Icy rage accompanied his promise.

The two children had only just turned six when their brother passed, and halfway to seven Frost gained the injury to his body. Tomorrow is Ash's seventh birthday and she couldn't dread it more.

"I think he set up a meeting to have some higher ups look at your quirk," He squeezed her fingers tighter.

She slid her hand away to wrap around her waist and broke out in sobs, "Please help me," she wailed and wailed while holding her knees close to her chest.

-

Ash sat up with a start and clenched her hand over her heart. She quickly glanced at the clock to realize it's last period. Throwing the blanket off her legs she grabbed her items and walked out of the infirmary with a curt thanks.

Her legs shook while she made her way to class with only fifteen minutes left. She pulled out her phone and dialed the cafe to let Kimiko know she didn't feel good and couldn't make it for her shift tonight and when she reached the classroom door she hesitated while reaching for the handle.

Her breathing hitched as her hand trembled, nimbly grazing the cold knob before she quickly swung it open before she changed her mind. Upon entering the class went still, pausing their end of day conversations for a split second to see who entered. Both Mina and Deku waved to which she ignored and rushed to Bakugo's desk,

"I can't practice tonight. Give me a debrief later and apologize to Todoroki for me," and before his lips finished parting she had turned on her heel and left through the door.

She wasn't sure what she was going to do or where she was going to go, but she knew she was itching for a fight.

SORRY IM ALIVE!!!! College is dragging my ass.