Day two (13)

A/N: Summer hero costume quickly designed by me 🤭

April 11th -one day later-

I slowly opened my eyes when I heard my alarm clock screaming. Reaching over, I gently pressed on the top to make it stop beeping.

I stretched my muscles and rolled out my joints before finally standing up. I grabbed my uniform and walked to the bathroom, my footsteps heavy rather than their usual quick and quiet.

Once I went to the restroom, I looked up in the mirror. I have strands of hair sticking out everywhere, and what's not in the air is laying flat in a ball of knots. I tried as best as I could to finger brush the strands free of each other's hold, but it wasn't much better than before. Maybe I should ask Dabi for a brush...

Upon closer inspection I realized just how severe the dark circles are under my eyes. The skin under my half lidded eyes are colored a dark shade of purple and my eyelids feel heavy as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

Why am I crying?

I swiftly dried my cheek with the back of my hand before moving on to brushing my teeth. My teeth are almost too perfectly straight, but have a slight tint of yellow. It took years for the league to get me a toothbrush.

Plus some days I really just don't want to brush them.

I threw on my uniform, making the tie slightly more loose than yesterday, but still making sure my shirt was nicely tucked in. I finished examining my appearance in the mirror and made my way to the bar in order to leave.

I stopped at my cell on the walk to grab my backpack and hauled it over one shoulder. I kept walking in my slow, tired state all the way up to the door leading outside and put my hand on the handle to turn it when I froze.

I felt a cold, hard, round muzzle of a revolver press into my back, "remember Ash, no friends and get me more information this time." I could pin point exactly who is behind me based off his rough, screechy voice.

Bastard.

I gulped as my lip quivered, "yes sir."

I was soft spoken and crossed my fingers that he heard me.

"What was that?"

"Yes sir," I raised my voice slightly louder than last time, but my voice was still shaky.

He pressed the deadly object further into my back as he reached around me to open the door himself.

"Good girl. Don't want to be late now do you?"

"No sir."

He gently removed the gun from pressing against my clothed skin. I slowly and carefully walked through the open door. I shut said door without sparing a single glance behind me; and once I heard that door click shut, I broke down. I fell back against the chilly metal as I took a sharp intake of air.

My lungs inflated and deflated at a rapid pace while I clutched my shirt. It feels like an icepick was stabbed through my sternum and stopped just before piercing my fast beating heart.

Once I was able to control my breathing, I set to finish my walk to school. I'm not really sure where I'm going. I'm letting my feet control where I go while my brain is elsewhere and nowhere at the same time.

I never really focused on the walk or how I got here, but I arrived at UA just on time. The first half of the day consisted of english, math, and science. Just normal classes before we get to the hero stuff. I sat staring at my hands for the first half of the day Nothing was particularly interesting about them, but it just happened. I felt like I was watching myself, watching my hands.