41

Months go by and it's now been a year and 4 months since Chan has been in the military, and sadly we've become distant.

Before we would text and call whenever we could which was most of the time, but now he's been training more which did take up more time. We haven't spoken in months now.

As for me, I'm now head waitress in Suyoo's new restaurant. With the help of Wooseok and some other staff, we were able to advertise the restaurant and we're now a popular restaurant with branches all over Korea. Instead of a small one story place, Suyoo's is now a 2 story building in the busier part of Seoul.

I'm still friends with Jisung, Hyunjin, Soojin and the others too. We've became even closer than we were before. The group always makes plans whenever and we all go to them. We even go drinking every now and then.

"Order for table 22!" A chef calls out, sliding a plate onto the open window and ringing a bell. I take a tray from a stack on a counter and place the plates onto it, then swiftly making my way to a table near a corner and distributing the plates to the correct customers.

"Please enjoy." I say with a warm smile on my face, then leaving the small family to have their dinner. It was night time, so we were pretty busy since there are reservations and walk ins at the same time. I then go over to the counter again, placing the tray on the stack again. I then see Wooseok coming towards me with a smile on his face.

"A year and 4 months without Chan, how are you feeling?" He asks, putting some cash into the register and closing it back up. Yes, he's still asking me this. I sigh as I take a small sip of my water.

"As usual, I miss him, but it'll be a few more months until he's back so I'm pushing through the sadness." I say, putting my water bottle back under the counter, then sighing.

"Order for table 17!" A chef calls out, sliding a bunch of plates onto the window. Wooseok sighs as he grabs 2 trays, passing one of them to me.
"Help me with this one, this table has a big order since it's a celebration reservation." Wooseok says, placing some plates onto his tray. I nod my head as I do the same, then following him up a flight of stairs and making our way through some tables, then distributing the plates to the right customers at the table.

"Please enjoy." Wooseok says with a smile as we both leave the big party to have their meal, then making our way back downstairs and to a counter which is where all staff go when they're not doing anything.

"I still can't believe that we used to work at some small restaurant." Wooseok sighs as he looks around the place with a soft smile on his face, then looking at me. "We've come far, haven't we?"

I nod my head a smile. "Before we had to do closing shift and clean up, but now we don't have to. We just have afternoon or evening shifts."

"I hated the closing shift so much I never want to that again."