Tell Me Something Good

Start from the beginning

"How can I help you?"

"Is your pool open?"

"Yes it is!"

"When does it close?"

"The pool closes tonight at 8."

"How much would it cost to buy it out?"

"I-I'm sorry?"

"I want to rent the pool for a few hours after it's supposed to be closed. How much?"

"Let me find my manager." The woman disappears for a moment and returns with a short black woman holding a clipboard.

"Maddy, this better be important. I can't talk to every guest that confuses you, I have a hotel to run!"

"Y-yes, this man was interested in paying to open the pool after hours." She looks up from her clipboard and nearly faints when she sees me. "Oh my god!"

"Hello." I smile.

"To what do I owe this pleasure?"

"My band and I are staying here while we perform in Dallas."

"Maddy, go tell the maids in the laundry room to redo the towels." Maddy nods excusing herself, still unsure of what's happening.

"You a fan?"

"I've loved you since your self titled album."

"So you're coming to the concert right?"

"No, those tickets have been sold out for months."

"Well, let's make a trade. Two tickets for one of our Dallas shows for a private pool?" She looks at me as if she's waiting for the punch line but when I don't move she bursts with excitement.

"The pool is yours after hours for your entire stay. Just be out by midnight so my staff can clean."

"Of course."

"I-is Genevieve here too?"

"She is. Would you like to meet her?"

"Could I? Please? My daughter is her biggest fan."

"Meet us at the pool tonight. She'll meet you then."

"Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"Tell me a good place a runs here to order a pizza?"

"Tell me what you want on it and I'll have it sent to your room."

"Double pepperoni extra cheese and a coke. And uh don't tell anyone we're here."

"Of course."

"Great." I smile turning to walk away.

When I get back to the room Genevieve is back in bed. The tv is still on but her slumped posture tells me she's fallen asleep. I smile looking at her. I hope this little pool party will make her happy. I'll tell the band about the pool later but tonight it'll just be us.

I take off my clothes and decide to leave on my t-shirt and underwear. Pulling back the covers I climb into bed beside her. She rolls over, her head finding it's place on my chest. I kiss her forehead gently, just feeling happy to have her close to me. I'm not tired so I'll just keep her silent company until the pizza gets here.

I bide my time cuddling her and half watching whatever's on tv. I know if I turn this tv off she'll wake up. So whatever this is is gonna have to work. She stirs a little, throwing the covers off of her.

"You hot, baby?" I chuckle. She groans rolling away from me.

"Hotel blankets are so heavy." She huffs sitting up.

"That's why they keep it so cold in the rooms." I look over at her, rolling to my side and propping myself up with my arm. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good."

"Back and stuff still hurt?"

"No."

"Hungry, yet?"

"Not really."

"Two for three isn't bad." I shrug. "Well there's food coming anyway."

"What'd you get?"

"Pizza and a Coke."

"You don't even like Coke."

"But you do, especially with pizza." She mimics my posture, scooting closer to me. "You think you'll try and eat?"

"Yea. Pizza sounds kinda good."

"You sound kinda good." I smirk. "Look pretty good too." She bites her lip shaking her head at me.

"Nuh start wid mi."

"How can I not when you talking to me all sexy?" She rolls her eyes and gets out of bed. Walking over to the dresser she pulls out a big t-shirt and throws it on. "Where you going?"

"To get ice." She walks to the door and opens it before turning to face me. "I thought you only got pizza and coke."

"I did."

"Well there's more than a box and a 2 liter out here." I walk over to her and look down seeing two large boxes,  two smaller boxes and three cokes.

"You go get ice. I'll figure out what all this is." She steps around all the food and I take my time bring it in. I open everything and take inventory. One double pepperoni with extra cheese, one five cheese, two types of chicken wings, and enough Coke to keep me up for a month.

She walks in and sees everything laid out before looking at me confused.

"I didn't order all this food."

"I know." Something catches her eyes and she grabs the small piece of paper off of one of the boxes. "Glad to have you in Dallas! This one is on us. Feel free to stop by our shop and tell us what you think."

"Well that's nice."

"We have to go say thank you."

"Tomorrow before soundcheck." She nods looking over all the food. "What do you want to keep and what should we give to the band?"

"Pepperoni is ours and I want the barbecue wings."

"Really? Not these buffalo ones?"

"Not feeing spicy today." She shrugs.

"I am." I smirk.

"No, you're feeling horny. We can talk about that when I'm not eating pizza." She says grabbing a slice and taking a huge bite.

"I'm just glad you're eating."